Portrait is not recognized

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-12-08 10:41:28

I load a portrait from IOS into Pixelmator Pro and on some portraits I have a portrait mask and on some it's missing. But all the photos are marked as portrait in the Photo App. What can I do, that I get the portrait mask on all portraits?

2019-12-09 16:13:37

Certain photos, even though they were taken in Portrait mode, don't have portrait masks, especially if the subject is not a person. In the Photos app, when you click Edit, are you able to change the portrait lighting effect applied to the photo? If so, the image should have a mask. If not, it probably doesn't.

2019-12-09 22:58:19

yes, that's possible. I can switch the whole range of lightning effects, that's the reason why I was surprised that pixelmator could not "detect" the mask. In the meantime I was using the magnetic-tools to create an own mask in pixelmator. A little more effort but in the end the result was great

2019-12-10 08:32:31

In that case, could you share a sample image with us at support@pixelmator.com along with a few more details? The Magnetic Selection tool is pretty awesome, but it sounds like the mask should be shared together with the image...

2020-03-26 23:04:45

Hi there 👋 I'm working on a big project atm, using this awesome feature built-in Pixelmator Pro. But I experience the exact same random problem as "spacekuh"... Have you guys found an explanation/solution to this yet?

2020-03-27 11:18:54

by iammarzari 2020-03-26 23:04:45 Hi there 👋 I'm working on a big project atm, using this awesome feature built-in Pixelmator Pro. But I experience the exact same random problem as "spacekuh"... Have you guys found an explanation/solution to this yet?
Hi! The explanation is as follows: Certain photos, even though they were taken in Portrait mode, don't have portrait masks, especially if the subject is not a person.

In the Photos app, when you click Edit, are you able to change the portrait lighting effect applied to the photo? If so, the image should have a mask. If not, it probably doesn't.