I'm having a major problem in Pixelmator Pro 2 not like the original in one MAJOR thing !

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-12-06 16:58:48

Over and over and over when I look through the tool section I can't find away to lets say : Make a circle (marching ants) then press command-shift-o, like in the original Pixelmator I can't get the stroke effect of making the (marching ants) turn to the stroke-color I want. This really bugs me big-time :( So I find my self going back to the original pixelmator :(

I love learning about Pixelmator Pro 2, but it's things like this that get me gun-shy of PP 2.
I've looked all over PP 2 and can't find the key to accomplishing this daunting task :(
Why in the world would they leave this out? Or am I not seeing the obvious right before my face?

Any help would greatly be appreciated !

Bill

2020-12-06 17:09:59

Do you mean you want to stroke a selection - if so, I cannot work out how to do it either.

2020-12-07 15:05:43

The following may not be the most obvious method, but it's really quick and I usually go for it if need to achieve something like this. If you Control-click a selection, you should see Convert into Shape option in the contextual menu. Once your selection is converted into a shape, you can then add a stroke or fill it with any color you want in the Style (S) or the Shape (U) settings.

2020-12-08 20:20:50

Thanks Aureliji I will try that as soon as I can ! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!

2020-12-09 08:52:17

Is it possible to stroke guides?

2020-12-09 10:11:50

by Bill Furner Thanks Aureliji I will try that as soon as I can ! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!
No worries, let me know if it works for you!
by Richard S. 2020-12-09 06:52:17 Is it possible to stroke guides?
Not directly, but you could try adding a Row Selection above the guide and convert it into a shape.