Workflow for slide and negative editing

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-07-10 18:38:31

Starting shortly I am going to start the project of digitizing a lot of old family photos and slides. I was curious if anyone had a workflow or guide for touching up the pictures once they are digitized?

2020-07-13 13:43:26

I haven't seen any personally but if you have an idea of what you'd like to fix/improve in those photos and slides or if you start and get stuck on certain things, feel free to post here and we'll do our best to help!

2020-07-14 01:12:33

One important thing to remember when digitising your slides is to use at least tiff as the file format for the output from the scanner. Digitising slides particularly if they are old as a jpeg image will limit the quality of the edited image because of the jpeg compression.

2020-07-17 22:33:57

So we scanned all of the older slides. Some were showing signs of degrading being very red. Just batch processing all of them with ML Enhance did wonders for a lot of slides. Many not needing much other work. We’ve been going through them and doing some touch ups and slight editing. Mostly color adjustments and healing sports where the slide was missing a piece of the image.

2020-07-17 22:34:55

by JohneChambers 2020-07-14 01:12:33 One important thing to remember when digitising your slides is to use at least tiff as the file format for the output from the scanner. Digitising slides particularly if they are old as a jpeg image will limit the quality of the edited image because of the jpeg compression.
If our scanner had that I would have but unfortunately it was jpeg only. That said we and our family are extremely happy with how they turned out.