How to deselect all objects and hide selections?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-12-09 20:27:19

Working with the arrange tool (keyboard v) in any other dtp app I've worked with clicking on the canvas (or hitting esc) deselects all selected objects (aka layers), thus making it possible to see the artwork without disturbing rectancles around object(s).

I can't find a similar function in Pixelmator Pro nor a function to hide all toolbars with one keystroke (tab in Photoshop).

All hints appreciated. Thanks.

2019-12-09 20:48:39

I think this is solved: one needs to turn on automatic layers selection. Than layers are deselected upon click on the canvas.

However, any hotkey to hide all tools?

2019-12-10 08:29:59

by Totoff I think this is solved: one needs to turn on automatic layers selection. Than layers are deselected upon click on the canvas.
Yep, that's correct!
However, any hotkey to hide all tools?
There isn't a keyboard shortcut for this, although the feature does exist — you can find it by choosing View > Hide Interface. However, at this time, it does not work when you have multiple tabs in a window. As a workaround, you can drag any open tab out of its window and then hide the interface. In addition, if you'd like to, you can create your own keyboard shortcut for this feature.

2023-12-18 12:47:13

Here in 2023 it's been fixed. :) Just press ESC key and the bounding box disappears. (No need to enable "auto select" of layers") If you want the bounding box back, just click on the layer again. BOOM! :D