Import Pens, Adjust Window, Add and save your own paper Setup.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-10-27 08:20:01

Just purchase the upgrade and I love it!! I write and draw comics with "_"..obe" (...and no, they are not strong with the force! ) and would love to completely leave them - So here's a few question or maybe suggestions depending on if what I'm asking don't already exist: 1. Can I import pens? 2. Can I save my own paper setup, Name it, Create a new group and place it in said group? (...or you can include comic book paper dimensions :-) ) 3. Lastly can I move /adjust the windows, i.e.: move layers from left side to right (...use to working this way with "Nameless" Program.) Appreciate your comments. Thanks!

2019-10-28 12:53:21

Hey there, let me see if I can answer your questions:

1. What kind of pens would you be looking to import? Pens in image editing usually mean vector drawing tools, but do you possibly mean raster brushes? If so, the ABR brush format is supported, so you can import Photoshop brushes into Pixelmator Pro.
2. By paper setup, do you possibly mean a panel layout? A screenshot or link to what this looks like in PS would be useful.
3. UI customization is currently being worked on, so it isn't possible to do this at the moment but will be in the future.

2019-10-30 07:08:18

1. Thank you for getting back with me -My apologies - I did mean brushes (I sketch with traditional pen & pencils and often mistakenly describe digital brushes as "Pen's") excellent news about the brushes I'll review how to import the brushes I require.

2. Paper Set up: I actually took a screen shot of what I was speaking of regarding pixelmator - very nice set up I just would like to be able to save, name, and group my own paper size I created.

3. Great Info regarding UI - Looking forward to the update!

Thank you again for getting back in touch with me! Love the software - Keep up the great work!

2019-11-01 09:08:52

by Dremond 2019-10-30 07:08:18 2. Paper Set up: I actually took a screen shot of what I was speaking of regarding pixelmator - very nice set up I just would like to be able to save, name, and group my own paper size I created.
You can create your own presets, which should have you covered at least a little — once you create a new image, you can choose File > Save as Template, and that will add a My Templates category in the template chooser with a new template that you can freely rename. You can follow the same steps to create more templates.

2019-11-03 21:35:53

Thank you! :blush: