Transform & Distortion Tools in Pixelmator Pro

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2017-12-06 08:39:20

There are two tools in Pixelmator I use frequently that I can't find in Pixelmator Pro. The first is the "Transform" with the skew/distort/perspective tools. The second is the "Page Curl" tool in "Distortion" pop-up menu. Are these tools part of Pixelmator Pro? If so where are they located?

2017-12-06 15:32:32

Unfortunately, from all your mentioned tools, there is the only one - Perspective transform. Here are the steps to find it:
1) Add Effect
2) Press Add at the top of the Effect panel.
3) Scroll down to the bottom till you see the Other effects. There will be the only one effect - Perspective Transform.

2018-02-26 11:05:40

what??? I was just looking for these.

What is the point in rolling our a Pro version that doesn't have features that the Standard version has. I don't get it.

This cannot be right. I don't believe it.

There must be a way of Transforming layers, or multiple layers simultaneously!!! Transform meant one could not just enlarge and decrease but also rotate and flip horizontally/vertically. I actually don't believe that these incredibly basic functions can no longer be here

2018-04-18 23:40:51

I have to agree with Gordon. I would have expected the Pro version to be a superset of all of the features in the Standard version. It seems bad form to have to go from one product to another just to gain access to the tools needed.

Would really like to see you guys put together a matrix of features in STD and PRO and then make a single platform - STD features in lower cost version, PRO features in higher-cost version. Upgrade from STD to PRO within app - unlocks the rest of the features.

Absent this, at least put the full set of transformation tools into PRO version.

2018-04-29 19:07:21

I am really shocked to see that such a basic function as perspective transform is made so badly.
I need this all the time.

In PS und Lightroom you just draw 2-4 lines on a picture of a building and its stretched immediately and perfectly.

In Pixelmator Pro you have to pull the 4 corners of the image by yourself and that sucks so much. I didn't even find a function to go just vertically or horiziontaly by holding shift or whatever.

Please just copy lightrooms perspective tools. I almost regret buying Pixelmator Pro since Gimp is getting a FREE update.

is there at least a tool where I can stretch the whole image at once?

2019-02-25 13:44:14

Agree with the above. Purchased Pro and am disappointed it lacks the same tools STD does. I use this for work and it really is disappointing, not to mention frustrating. I would pay a higher price for the pro and have the STD tools included.

2019-02-25 14:56:29

This particular feature is pretty much complete internally, so you can look forward to seeing it released in one of the next couple of updates. :pray:

2019-03-08 22:11:38

I just need to skew something and I searched high and low until coming here to find it. It's just too cumbersome to go through all of that. Needs to be simplified.

2019-03-14 12:30:22

by tangierc 2019-03-08 22:11:38 I just need to skew something and I searched high and low until coming here to find it. It's just too cumbersome to go through all of that. Needs to be simplified.
And it will be! I can't make any concrete promises but it should really be available in the not too distant future. :ok_hand:

2019-07-25 07:47:35

I have been using perspective transformation function for a simple re-shaping aim... not satisfying but tolerant so far.
But is it a new bug that, after being perspectively transformed, patching function would go wrong...?
The yellow shade upon drawing areas will be mislocated based on the original image rather than after-transformed.
It appeared to be working normal before 1.3.1 and now 1.4 it still exists.

I would not suggest anyone to try Pixelmator until this is fixed and improved.

2019-07-29 14:57:09

This isn't actually a bug as such — previously, any nondestructive features of the app (effects, adjustments, styles) would be flattened when a 'destructive' tool was used on them. So if you painted using the Repair tool on a layer with effects, the effects would flattened (rasterized) and then the other tool would simply edit the new pixel content directly.

This was changed in version 1.3, so now, the nondestructive things are not affected. A side-effect of this is that certain layers behave unexpectedly in cases like this. For you, my suggestion would be to use the Free Transform tool (Edit > Transform) for transforming layer perspective, which is (more or less) destructive and your transformations get applied directly to the pixels of the layer. Then, once you repair, everything will work as expected.

2019-08-08 13:56:34

by Andrius 2019-03-14 12:30:22
And it will be! I can't make any concrete promises but it should really be available in the not too distant future. :ok_hand:
So has it been updated now?

2019-08-08 14:11:51

by Niel 2019-08-08 13:58:20
So has it been updated now?
Yup! ;) We've recently added a new Transform tool to Pixelmator Pro and Skew is available as one of the transform modes. Press Command + T on your keyboard to activate the Transform tool, then select the Skew mode in the Tool Options pane on the right.

2019-08-22 13:15:01

Hello!
And what about lens correction or something similar with Warp in Photoshop?

2019-08-23 09:25:56

by shaLtai Hello!
And what about lens correction or something similar with Warp in Photoshop?
Lens correction is in our plans and, although a warp tool currently isn't, it is on the feature request list so — maybe someday.