Pix Pro 1.1 tomorrow! Which features are you most excited about?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-05-30 04:31:21

Pix Pro 1.1 is coming tomorrow, Features which are announced:

- Auto white balanced
- Export for web
- Touchbar support
- Slice tool
- better compression
- quickly export images with presets
- Live preview of Text and layer blending
- video tutorials

Which features are you most excited about?

2018-05-30 09:15:51

Along with a few bug fixes, I'm looking forward to the export functionality. What about you, Les?

2018-05-30 09:29:57

by st3f 2018-05-30 06:16:40 Along with a few bug fixes, I'm looking forward to the export functionality. What about you, Les?
You're in luck, then, since we've added quite a few fixes for layer groups — text scaling in groups, for example.

As an aside, I emailed you about something a week or two ago (nothing majorly important), but I think you might not have received the email. :P

2018-05-30 09:44:27

I emailed you about something a week or two ago
Arrrgh! :scream: I completely missed that! Many thanks to you and Simonas for the offer. I will have to keep a better eye on that email address in future.

2018-05-30 11:46:46

@st3f

I am looking forward to the export to web, video tutorials and the better compression (I was already very happy with that but if they can make it even better, great) but the auto white balance sounds really amazin, too. Have to try them out to see how good it really works...

@Andrius
bug fixes and performance improvements are always appreciated

2018-05-30 17:55:49

Rocknroll. Very happy. Thanks in advance, Pixelmator people. Looking forward to the update. Keep up the good work.

2018-05-31 07:57:31

I just had a thought about the release date of Pixelmator Pro 1.1. Is it to be submitted to the Mac App Store today and is there likely to be a delay of a couple of days while Apple does its due dilligence on the software?
Or is it likely to be live today?

2018-05-31 08:07:59

It's already been submitted, reviewed, and approved. ;)

2018-05-31 08:09:11

Yay! :smiley:

2018-05-31 08:11:19

It's all very exciting and ever so slightly terrifying. :smiley:

2018-05-31 09:49:01

I love the new export to web and the slice tool! Just went trough the first feature explaining film.

Proud of you guys!!!

2018-05-31 10:42:42

by ResLes 2018-05-31 06:50:21 I love the new export to web and the slice tool! Just went trough the first feature explaining film.

Proud of you guys!!!
Awesome!!! Hope you like all the other stuff as well. 🙏

2018-05-31 10:53:43

Yay! The new version is out. I've been playing with the new features and they look great. I can't wait to get some serious work done with this. Congratulations on the new features (and all that bug-squashing)! :smiley:

2018-05-31 20:18:22

Sometimes it's the little things that make the difference. My knowledge of blend modes is limited so, apart from a few regularly used favourites, I tend to take a 'suck it and see' approach to choosing a blend mode. I love the new previews; they let me see exactly what I'm going to get before committing the change. :heart_eyes:

2018-06-01 09:16:10

I love the preview feature, too. Really great work on the export to web feature. The other stuff looks great, too. I have to play with it over time. I think its a great step to extend the functionality to getting closer to apps like photoshop and affinity. I prefer Pix Pro because of the simplicity and getting things done, instead of looking where stuff is (a fucking headache). I love the video tutorials - still learning little bits... like how to handle tabs and windows. Instead of the slider coming up fist (which looks good) I would prefer to just have the thumbnail list view to avoid scrolling down or over time if the Pix team is adding more videos to have a table of content style.

Nevertheless, I really love this update!

@Andrius: I know we should appreciate what we got and I do but it would be nice to know the speed of the next update cycle to version 1.2 route Are you know shifting the focus on Vectormator or are you guys planning to go to 1.2 and then shifting the focus to Vectormator? Thanks

I would love to see to consolidate Pix Pro and then going the Vectormator path... but I know this thing has to come out, too.

2018-06-01 10:26:04

by ResLes 2018-06-01 09:16:10 Nevertheless, I really love this update!

@Andrius: I know we should appreciate what we got and I do but it would be nice to know the speed of the next update cycle to version 1.2 route Are you know shifting the focus on Vectormator or are you guys planning to go to 1.2 and then shifting the focus to Vectormator? Thanks

I would love to see to consolidate Pix Pro and then going the Vectormator path... but I know this thing has to come out, too.
Obviously, I can't say too much and one very simple reason for this is plans can change, so it's better to not promise things and deliver, than vice versa. In any case, we've already got new features for Pixelmator Pro in the works and we'll be adding resources, tutorials, and more, so there'll be more news and stuff to read and enjoy in the coming weeks and months.

2018-06-01 10:50:30

Great, I understand that and you guys seem to focused and havening roadmap. Of course to selling new stuff is important. Adding new resources and tutorials and some features (like the mask feature) is great. Of course things can change and I like the approach to deliver instead of promise.

Awesome update and in am very happy with it...

2018-06-02 13:05:43

Although Pixelmator Pro has specific graphical hardware requirements (Metal or Metal2, I'm not sure), I'm impressed with the low level of hardware what will allow me to draw reasonably complex images. At the moment, I'm using a three year old MacBook (not Macbook Pro) which, being fanless and tiny has a really wussy processor. Pixelmator Pro works well on this hardware and I only see major slowdown when I'm using an image that is particularly large or has a great many objects and effects. I just wanted to say 'thanks' for looking after those of us with limited hardware. :smiley:

2018-06-02 19:46:34

I think a good application should not just be the amount and quality of features - which are important but a good and clean code, stunning speed, less bugs and it should get the most out of a hardware. Community, tutorials and support are really important too...