Pixelmator Pro wont open PSD file, it just hangs on opening document

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-01-31 23:52:20

Just purchased Pixelmator Pro and not a good first experience....

Trying to open a PSD file and it just hangs on opening document

The file is 62mb but I would not have thought that was an issue.

2018-02-02 15:54:11

Would you be able to share the PSD file with us by uploading it to http://upload.pixelmator.com then copying the link you get and pasting it here? If it's a file you'd rather not share publicly, feel free to send it to support@pixelmator.com.

2018-02-06 04:20:26

by Andrius 2018-02-02 04:54:11 Would you be able to share the PSD file with us by uploading it to then copying the link you get and pasting it here? If it's a file you'd rather not share publicly, feel free to send it to .
Due to client confidentially I am not in a position to share the PSD files.

I noticed on the Apple app store that I am not the only one to be experiencing the same issue.

2018-02-14 18:45:01

Same Problem here with a 145mb PSD and my new Macbook will be burning soon. How can I get a refund?

2018-02-15 10:31:00

Would you be willing to share the file with us? We'd love to take a look at it and troubleshoot any problems — drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com and we'll take it from there. If you'd rather not do that and would simply like to be refunded, you'd need to get in touch with Apple Support as they handle all sales support for App Store sales.

2018-03-20 19:12:37

Any progress here? I am having the same issue.

2018-03-21 09:48:41

There's some progress here for sure, but I can't be certain that the slow opening you're seeing is caused by the same issue. If you could share the file you're having trouble with at support@pixelmator.com — that would be awesome and we could let you know if it's a bug we're aware of or not. 🙏

2024-03-23 08:41:13

I found that it gets stuck, but it just takes very long.
On my M3 Max it takes about 30 seconds or more to open a PSD file exported from Procreate. Opening the same PSD file in Affinity Designer/Photo is almost instant. So I guess it just gets stuck for a long time trying to parse the document.