Why isn’t my full image appearing in pixelmator pro?

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2022-05-01 08:38:59

Hi all, I have recently moved over to pixelmator pro from lightroom classic and I am loving it! My biggest and only issue is that on lightroom I would import my 9x16 raw image and click the crop button and it would show the 9x16 crop with the entire image (pretty sure is 3x2) which would give me that little bit extra leeway on each side of my portrait images when cropping 9x16. In pixelmator pro when I import my 9x16 raw image and go to crop it only shows the 9x16 image and not the full image, I cannot move the image side to side. It is something I would love answered and would be great if it was a simple setting etc, it’s just a big pain and something I have to remember when out shooting as I have since changed to 3x2 aspect ratio as it is closest to the full sensor, any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

2022-05-03 19:54:49

Hi all, I have recently moved over to pixelmator pro from lightroom classic and I am loving it! My biggest and only issue is that on lightroom I would import my 9x16 raw image and click the crop button and it would show the 9x16 crop with the entire image (pretty sure is 3x2) which would give me that little bit extra leeway on each side of my portrait images when cropping 9x16. In pixelmator pro when I import my 9x16 raw image and go to crop it only shows the 9x16 image and not the full image, I cannot move the image side to side. It is something I would love answered and would be great if it was a simple setting etc, it’s just a big pain and something I have to remember when out shooting as I have since changed to 3x2 aspect ratio as it is closest to the full sensor, any help would be appreciated! Thanks 🙂
Hi Jake! So in other words, when applying a crop reset with an aspect ratio that's different than the original photo, you'd prefer the entire photo to fit inside the crop box, instead of the crop box fitting inside the photo?
Long time Lightroom user (especially on iOS). I’m seriously considering cancelling my Adobe plan since I don’t shoot as many RAW photos anymore. When I do, this app handles nearly everything I want besides “softening slider” and selective editing brush.
Hi Victor, I'm not sure what you mean by "softening slider" but selective adjustments are on the roadmap for sure!

2022-05-06 03:32:57

Hi Simon, it’s a bit tricky to understand, in lightroom, I import my 16x9 portrait image raw from my camera and it appears as 16x9 in the viewer, when I click on the crop button the entire photo shows up, giving me that bit extra on each side to move the 16x9 crop box side to side. In pixelmator when I import the same image and click the crop button I only have the 16x9 image, there is no extra on each side for that leeway I had in lightroom, I hope that makes sense. Long story short the issue is when I import a 16x9 image into pixelmator pro, only 16x9 shows up, not the entire image, thanks :)

2022-05-10 17:56:31

Sorry Jake, but I'm still confused on this one. :sweat_smile: If your imported image is 16:9 originally, selecting the Crop tool with the 16:9 preset would give you the entire image - there's no free space available for "leeway", as you put it. Maybe you could post some screenshots to illustrate what you mean?