Why not create a twin app: Pixelmator Video

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2022-01-30 19:39:56

I'm a Chinese user, sorry for my poor English.

I'm attracted by 'Pixelmator Photo' from many useful functions, like transforming PNG format to Heif format to save
huge storage; using ML SR to improve the quality of pictures which are not clear enough; customizing presets to
process hundreds of pictures at a time......

So,with the increasing need of processing and editing videos along with the powerful A/M series chips, why not take
advantage of your company's strengths of the features mentioned above, like transforming H.264 format to H.265, even
H.266 to save storage, using ML Super Resolution to improve quality ,using ML Super Frames to improve fluency, using
preset luts to process videos.

It may be a little harder for you, but I believe in your talents and efficiency

Hope to hear your good news!

2022-01-31 10:42:15

Hey LambdaK. We don't have plans for a dedicated video editor right now but who knows, perhaps we can look into this further on down the road. Thanks for the suggestion!

2022-01-31 18:08:25

Thank you for your reply. I can wait for it. If the new software comes out, I must be the first to buy! :smile:

2022-02-03 15:39:49

by LambdaK 2022-01-31 16:08:25 Thank you for your reply. I can wait for it. If the new software comes out, I must be the first to buy! :smile:
:red_heart:

2022-09-15 23:25:44

Making an entire video editor would take a lot of time and effort, and you would have to compete with many rivals on the market. I think it just wouldn’t be relevant for the company now.
There are plenty of other services you could use for video editing, such as this site. Movavi is one of the best programs for video makers I’ve ever used, and it’s simple enough for even a nonprofessional user. It won’t take long to adjust to it, and the functionality is more than enough for most videos. Using different photo and video editing programs is common, and most professionals do that.

2022-09-27 05:30:50

I’m sure you already know about LumaFusion, if you enjoy working on your iPad, that is the app to go to edit video. Your suggestions will probably be more useful for its developers than in these forums.