The darnedest thing

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2021-08-23 16:03:39

It’s not surprising that often the simplest thing go unanswered. I suppose it can be awkward asking for some trivial answers, but nevertheless here my question. How can I keep the background white when painting, and when erasing in order to make a corrections, without erasing the white background? Often I can’t make out colours on a the checkered transparent layer. I’d like the background to remain opaque.

2021-08-24 07:13:46

Hey Dave! There are a couple of options. Probably the simplest one would be to use a white brush instead of an actual eraser. Alternatively, you can add a white background layer below your image layer, lock it, then go back to the top layer and use the eraser as you normally would. Hope that helps!

2021-08-25 09:35:42

Thanks for your reply Aurelija, I had trouble conceptualising how to work with layers, and using a white brush stroke to tidy things up never occurred to me. I’m having lots more fun with painting, and fooling around with photos now I’ve got the idea how to use layers more effectively.

Kind regards.

2021-08-25 10:42:28

by Davedave 2021-08-25 06:35:42 Thanks for your reply Aurelija, I had trouble conceptualising how to work with layers, and using a white brush stroke to tidy things up never occurred to me. I’m having lots more fun with painting, and fooling around with photos now I’ve got the idea how to use layers more effectively.

Kind regards.
No problem. Yep, using a white brush to erase is a bit of an outside-the-box option but it works!