Photography workflow

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2021-02-22 21:47:17

Hi,
I am looking to collect some best practices.
After 20+ years of non-serious photography (read simple point and shoot/ iPhone}, I'd like to return to a more arty way of photography. Coming from a “real” darkroom time, I am a bit overwhelmed by the digital possibilities to handle my shots. How is your workflow, how do you handle the photos you took? Are you using apple’s photos app to manage your raw/ jpg files and edit solely in Pixelmator or do you use different software?
Thank you for sharing your insights.
Cheers,
Arne

2021-02-24 00:51:07

I am too moving from Lightroom. The Pixelmator Pro is an excellent editor, but I need a library management app. I cannot be caught dead using the Photos app. Which Pixelmator app would be better at managing a desktop library, in folders?

Yesterday 15:29:01

by vicenac I am too moving from Lightroom. The Pixelmator Pro is an excellent editor, but I need a library management app. I cannot be caught dead using the Photos app. Which Pixelmator app would be better at managing a desktop library, in folders?
I guess you're asking about whether you should buy Pixelmator Classic or Pixelmator Pro? If so, Pixelmator Classic is no longer actively developed, so you really only have one choice. Generally speaking, if you're keeping your images in folders and simply opening/editing them in Pixelmator Pro, the app itself shouldn't really affect your management.

P.S. We plan to create a Pixelmator Photo for macOS, which would build upon the native Photos library and frameworks, but might be able to offer some additional management features and, of course, a different UI. That might be something to look out for.