Removed spray paint brushes

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2019-07-11 16:06:10

Hi,

In learning how to work with Pixelmator pro (and trying out about everything), I pressed the "remove" button and consequently managed to remove the spray paint brushes from the paint selection tools.

Can anybody tell me how to get them back?

Much appreciated!

2019-07-13 20:18:43

Hi Nick.

I think I have the answer but it's not working for me (Pixelmator Pro 1.3.4 on macOS 10.13.4). Can you give it a go and report back. There may be a bug here.

Before I the answer, I'd recommend to export any custom brushes you have created (if any). This is a reset and along with putting back what was there I would also expect it to remove anything you've added.

That done, to reset the brushes in Pixelmator Pro:
1. In the Brushes tool, what you do depends on if you have the brush collections expanded (you can see multiple brush collections at once) or if you have brush collections condensed (you see a drop-down box with the currently selected brush collection displayed).
1a. If you have brush selections expanded, right click on the name of a brush collection. This will pop out a menu with New, Duplicate Remove etc...
1b. If you have brush selections condensed, click on the settings cog next to the drop-down box. This will pop out a menu with New, Duplicate Remove etc...
2. With the menu visible hold the option key. This will reveal a Reset Brushes option.
3. Click it. :smile:

This is where I run into problems. The Reset Brushes option is greyed out and I can't figure out why. If it works for you can you report back and I'll try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. If it doesn't I'd recommend reporting it as a bug (support@pixelmator.com).

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2019-07-15 16:45:17

OK... I'm officially an idiot (at least part time). I was writing this on my new Mac where I hadn't yet created or edited any brushes. So the menu option was greyed out because there was nothing to reset. 🙃

2019-07-16 16:29:03

Hi Stef,

Thank you very much for your time and info. It worked like a charm!

Cheers!

2019-07-25 06:18:02

Great Information :smiley: