The Apple App Store is not working. Is there another way to buy Pixelmator Pro?

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2019-05-16 23:43:16

I've just spent the last three hours trying to buy Pixelmator Pro. Unfortunately, I get an error message when I try to buy through the App Store. I searched online for an hour trying to fix it and then called Apple. After two hours with Apple support and every available supervisor, they told me they'd have an Apple engineer contact me tomorrow. I really don't want to give Adobe my money but I've already lost a day and I have work that I need to complete. Is there another way to purchase Pixelmator Pro other than through the Apple App Store?

Thank you,
Tim

2019-05-17 00:52:40

I should say that if Apple cannot fix my problem in a timely fashion - because I do have work to do - I will be giving my money to Adobe. I would think that you would be concerned about App Store problems that affect your sales.

2019-05-17 07:13:09

Hey Tim, we're App Store-only, so that's the only place to buy the app, though if you're having trouble purchasing it, we would, of course, love to help as much as we can.

First off, would you be able to share with us the contents of the alert you're seeing? Also, could you send us an email at support@pixelmator.com about this? Via email, we could extend your trial if it has ended. Or, if you haven't yet used the trial, you can download it here and use it until this issue has been resolved. The free trial is a completely full-featured version of the app, so you won't be missing out on anything.

2022-02-26 05:13:35

I bought Pixelmator Pro a number of years ago - version 2.2 Carmel, however, I have not had any updates since October 2021. I have an iMac with macOS Mojave version 10.14.6.
I've noticed that you now have a very easy 'Remove Background' feature on a later update and wondered why I had not received that update. I've looked in the Apple App Store but no updates are showing. It states that I am up-to-date with updates.
Is it possible that I can get that update through Pixelmator itself. I purchased Pixelmator Pro through the Mac App Store in November 2018.
By the way, I love Pixelmator Pro and think it's a wonderful application, especially as it keeps on improving. That is why I'm rather disappointed that I seem to be missing updates.

Thank you,
Patrick

2022-02-28 11:54:35

by Patrick Owen 2022-02-26 03:13:35 I bought Pixelmator Pro a number of years ago - version 2.2 Carmel, however, I have not had any updates since October 2021. I have an iMac with macOS Mojave version 10.14.6.
I've noticed that you now have a very easy 'Remove Background' feature on a later update and wondered why I had not received that update. I've looked in the Apple App Store but no updates are showing. It states that I am up-to-date with updates.
Is it possible that I can get that update through Pixelmator itself. I purchased Pixelmator Pro through the Mac App Store in November 2018.
By the way, I love Pixelmator Pro and think it's a wonderful application, especially as it keeps on improving. That is why I'm rather disappointed that I seem to be missing updates.

Thank you,
Patrick
Hey Patrick. Glad to hear you're enjoying the app! Pixelmator Pro 2.2 is the last available version on macOS Mojave. You'd have to update your macOS to receive the latest Pixelmator Pro updates and features.