Gradient in Landscape

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2018-06-28 12:56:44

Is there anyway I can apply a gradient to the top section of a Landscape image and make adjustments.

2018-07-03 14:55:18

Yes, you can — using layer masks and the Gradient Fill tool. By the way, are you using Pixelmator or Pixelmator Pro? The steps are more or less the same, but I'd just like to make sure.

2018-07-03 15:22:01

I have Pixelmator Pro

2018-10-08 04:10:42

Along the same lines, I'm used to photoshop and Power Point. In Pixelmator I cannot find a way to make the linear gradient into a diagonal position. Is there a way. The three options are Linear, Radial and Diagonal...but that diagonal is weird, but neat. I'm looking to have a linear gradient, or say a dark color start at the top left and end at the bottom right with the bright color in between. Possible?

2018-10-08 08:34:53

Hi Dorothy.

Pixelmator has two ways of creating a gradient: as a fill for a shape or using the gradient tool on a layer. The method is slightly different for each.

If you want to fill a shape with the gradient you describe:
1. Draw the shape.
2. Select the fill to be gradient.
3. Show the gradients pallette (⌘5)
4. Edit the gradient to have a dark colour at either end and a light colour in the middle (to create a new colour in the middle of a gradient, click on the graduate bar in the gradient palette).
5. Edit the two blue nodes on the image to set the start and end points of the gradient.

If you want to set a gradient on a layer using the gradient tool:
1. Select the Gradient tool.
2. Show the gradients pallette (⌘5)
3. Edit the gradient to have a dark colour at either end and a light colour in the middle (to create a new colour in the middle of a gradient, click on the graduate bar in the gradient palette).
4. Drag in the canvas from top left to bottom right to set the gradient.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.