Vectormator when will it be released?

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2018-06-21 19:55:09

I used some vector graphics actually I bought some eps files from creative market. I tried to edit is with Affinity Designer now I am so used to Pix Pro that it was a fucking hassle to select all of the single artwork in a sheet where there were many in it (I have tried Alt, command, etc to click it) I could not select the single artwork with many layers attached to it. I hope the Pix team will release Vectormator at the end of the year...

@Andrius: Any slight info regarding this topic?

Thanks.

2018-06-25 09:30:12

by ResLes 2018-06-21 19:55:09 I used some vector graphics actually I bought some eps files from creative market. I tried to edit is with Affinity Designer now I am so used to Pix Pro that it was a fucking hassle to select all of the single artwork in a sheet where there were many in it (I have tried Alt, command, etc to click it) I could not select the single artwork with many layers attached to it. I hope the Pix team will release Vectormator at the end of the year...

@Andrius: Any slight info regarding this topic?

Thanks.
There aren't really any news I can share about this β€” a few other very awesome things are taking priority at the moment, so I wouldn't expect a standalone Vectormator particularly soon if I'm being honest.

2018-06-25 09:34:54

Thanks Andrius. What awesomeness is this regarding, if you can talk about it? πŸ˜πŸ€”πŸ€

2018-06-25 09:43:10

by ResLes 2018-06-25 06:35:23 Thanks Andrius. What awesomeness is this regarding, if you can talk about it?
:smiley:

🀐

2018-12-09 16:35:38

Another request for Vectormator.
I have managed to replace Photoshop CS 6 with Pixelmator Pro.
Now, I want to replace Illustrator.

2019-07-18 10:53:01

by Andrius 2018-06-25 06:30:12
There aren't really any news I can share about this β€” a few other very awesome things are taking priority at the moment, so I wouldn't expect a standalone Vectormator particularly soon if I'm being honest.
Do you have any news?

2019-07-18 12:00:17

by fakeforfee 2019-07-18 10:53:01
Do you have any news?
We've been thinking quite specifically about how to improve the vector tools in Pixelmator Pro β€” although that doesn't necessarily mean Vectormator is coming, if we start focusing more on vectors and get to a point where we feel certain vector-oriented features aren't suited for Pixelmator Pro, Vectormator would become more of a possibility for sure. But for now, I'd look out for more improvements to vector tools in Pixelmator Pro rather than Vectormator.

2019-08-19 01:53:40

I feel slightly reluctant speaking about another vendor's product on the Pixelmator site. But, I too wanted to replace Illustrator (after having ditched Photoshop for Pixelmator). But, the desire to help the community, plus it seems the Pixelmator team isn't prioritizing a vector application just yet, so I feel like it's worth providing an alternative.

I have found the app Graphic to be a very strong alternative to Illustrator. It opens .ai files fine, and I have not yet needed to do something it could not accomplish.

See https://apps.apple.com/us/app/graphic/id404705039?mt=12

2019-08-19 16:59:59

by Jay Batson I have found the app Graphic to be a very strong alternative to Illustrator. It opens .ai files fine, and I have not yet needed to do something it could not accomplish.
I also like Graphic.

2019-11-10 08:03:24

Graphic and VectorNator make my retinas bleed. Their UX :confounded:

I tell ya, I appreciate when a company makes an app beautiful. It is raaaaaare

2019-11-13 14:36:02

Vectormator, we miss you..

2019-11-13 15:13:07

I can't promise a full Vectormator app, but you can look forward to some vector improvements in Pixelmator Pro and, hey, maybe some UI improvements too! :wink:

2019-11-14 13:58:25

Hi Andrius.
Is there any chance of an early preview of changes to the vector tools (more alpha than beta test), while there's still a chance to influence your thinking?
Happy to beta if not.
- Stef.

2019-11-14 15:48:33

by st3f 2019-11-14 13:58:25 Hi Andrius.
Is there any chance of an early preview of changes to the vector tools (more alpha than beta test), while there's still a chance to influence your thinking?
Happy to beta if not.
- Stef.
Maaaaybe, but we were actually just about to ship a public beta with the changes as you posted this β€” the version is now live, so this time you'll have to make do with the public beta. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The changes in this version aren't especially groundbreaking but we have more lined up and plan to iterate with upcoming updates. But you're free to tell us what you'd like to see, especially if you use the shiny new beta thread.

2019-11-14 15:52:59

No worries. Just saw the beta thread. I should be doing some vector work in the next few days so will put some feed back there is I have any. It sounds like a good list, though.

2019-11-21 17:58:04

I think the Pixelmator team is on the right course. A full separate vector app isn’t desired. You just need a proper direct-selection tool (that white arrow in Illustrator) in Pixelmator Pro. Boom.

2019-11-22 09:22:35

by Teelar I think the Pixelmator team is on the right course. A full separate vector app isn’t desired. You just need a proper direct-selection tool (that white arrow in Illustrator) in Pixelmator Pro. Boom.
We've had lots of feedback about the vector tools recently and we plan to focus on improving them in upcoming updates, so it shouldn't be too long before you see some more changes. :raised_hands:

2020-01-03 08:25:40

Happy new year, Andrius. Do you have any news about Vectormator?

2020-01-03 11:47:06

by fakeforfee 2020-01-03 08:25:40 Happy new year, Andrius. Do you have any news about Vectormator?
Happy new year to you too! In terms of vectors, our biggest focus at the moment would be improving the vector tools in Pixelmator Pro and that's what we'll be doing over the next few updates. For now, our vector tools do a good job but, as far as we know, experienced illustrators tend to find them a little quirky and there are a few important missing features that we need to add. So before we even start to think about a standalone Vectormator app, I think we need to make sure the vector tools in Pixelmator Pro work great for the kinds of people that would use them. And once we do, I think we could also add a Vectormator mode to Pixelmator Pro. And then we could think about creating a dedicated Vectormator app. By the way, have you had a chance to check out the vector tools in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-11-20 07:13:14

Helloo, congratulate all of you with releasing Pixelmator two point zero. I have question for Pixelmator Team, do you planing release standalone Vectormator app or you merged your developments in Pixelmator app?

2020-11-27 09:44:19

by fakeforfee 2020-11-20 05:13:14 Helloo, congratulate all of you with releasing Pixelmator two point zero. I have question for Pixelmator Team, do you planing release standalone Vectormator app or you merged your developments in Pixelmator app?
The plan is to keep improving the vector tools in Pixelmator Pro and, once we reach a point where we feel we'd like to add features that simply aren't suited to a raster editor and we have the time for a new project, we might start working on a vector editor. But that's a hypothetical situation, the main point is we haven't decided that we do or don't want to create a vector editor, we're just working to make Pixelmator Pro as awesome as we can possibly make it.

2021-07-14 06:49:40

I'm looking forward to use vectormator again. Since Inscape is not woring well in latest mac M1

2021-07-21 21:51:48

a vector-based Pixelmator would be Great! +1!

2021-07-24 08:19:47

Seconding Inkscape being slow, even on Intel Macs and especially with Retina displays. So where do I have to send my money :moneybag: to get Vectormator Pro?

P.S: There was a graphics application for MacOS Classic, Superpaint, which mixed vector and bitmap graphics pretty well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperPaint_(Macintosh)

2022-04-06 08:46:32

Looking for vectormator