How to place text behind objekt on pixelmator

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator?

2020-01-02 05:19:37

i wold like to know how i can place text behind objekt on pixelmator

for example behinde a person or a snowbord jump , car ,bilding ,you name ti

HOW DO A DO IT

2020-01-02 09:57:36

Hi Hasse.
If I understand you correctly you mean something similar to the title on some magazine covers... like this one:
There are a lot of ways to do this but I would use layer masks. While you could use a mask to cut out Kate Moss then a bit of a mask to split the word VOGUE in half, the easiest way is just to apply a mask to the word VOGUE.
To do this, make sure that you have the layers panel showing (Cmd-2 to show/hide), right-click on the layer with the text and select Add Mask. You can then paint on the mask in black to mask the layer transparent and white to make it opaque again. Masking things like hair is really hard.
A quick tip. If, when creating a mask, you have a selection active, the mask will be applied with white areas where inside the selection and black outside. So, if you have complex shape to mask and don't want to do a lot of painting, select the area that you want to make first, invert the selection (Shift-Cmd-I) then right click on the layer in the layers panel and Add Mask.
Hope this helps (and that I have understood what you meant).
- Stef.

2020-01-05 15:42:44

How did you get on? Would love to hear back.

2020-02-10 14:44:08

by st3f 2020-01-05 15:42:44 How did you get on? Would love to hear back.
Ah, what a familiar feeling...

2020-02-10 19:10:46

"The Diamond Mountain is in Lower Pomerania, and it takes an hour to climb it, an hour to go around it, and an hour to go down into it. Every hundred years a little bird comes and sharpens its beak on it, and when the entire mountain is chiseled away, the first second of eternity will have passed."

Let's give them a little more time. Those complex masks can take a while to draw. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: