Pixelmator Pro Whirlwind VS Pixelmator Mount Whitney

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2017-11-23 03:27:18

I want to start using Pixelmator on Mac OS. But honestly, I'm confused over the soon to be available Pixelmator Pro product versus the older version.

Is Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney inferior to Pixelmator Pro 1.0 Whirlwind?

I'm asking about this, mainly because I was about to purchase the P 3.7 MW version, due to the Black Friday sale, but since P.P 1.0 W is about to release, I'm more than skeptical about buying the old software. Especially if the new one will do everything better. So basically, I just want to avoid paying for something that is already outdated, and would rather spend my hard-earned Dollars in the big puppy.

It would be awesome to have a comparison of what they do or will do, in order to facilitate my decision. Any comments will be welcomed and greatly appreciated.

2017-11-25 19:13:32

It all depends on what you need. If you look at the functionality in Pixelmator 3.7 and you are certain you don't need more than that, then buy Pixelmator 3.7. If you need more pro-like features, like RAW-editing, I would recommend to wait a few more day. Pixelmator Pro will be released 29th of November.

2017-11-25 21:14:34

Sebastiaan-

I guess I'll wait then until the 29th of November. I would refer have the Pro tools enabled, since I don't do semi-pro jobs, I try to keep it real.

By any chance, do you happen to know what the launch price for Pixelmator Pro will be?

$15 for oldschool Pixelmator is a bargain, definitely a steal if you use it on a constant basis. If I had no news of the Pro version coming out, I'd buy it in a jiffy.

2017-11-27 18:10:53

Launch price for Pixelmator Pro is $59,- and the intended price will afterwards be $99,-

2018-01-08 19:56:51

I looked over the Pro version and other than the interface, it has the exact same features as the 3.7 Whitney. The only additional effect I could find was the "Gloom" Effect which pixelmator 3.7 does not have. I took the "tour" and there is not much difference. I would have thought the PRO version would have come out with more effects and brushes, etc. I am gonna wait and see. So far, the reviews on the App store are mixed.