Repair tool

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2017-10-10 15:39:40

Has anyone else noticed the change in the repair tool in version 3.7? It doesn't seem to have the advanced setting any more.

2017-10-14 15:29:07

I have same question

2017-10-23 19:29:06

Yes, the repair tool seems to have gotten much worse in the latest update. It's no longer useful for retouching my photos. I hope this isn't part of a marketing strategy to dumb down Pixalmator before launching the "Pro" version.

2017-10-24 16:28:08

I noticed this too. The repair tool is crappin' out on me now. >:(

2017-10-24 21:16:15

Agree with all...I haven't been around for a long time...BUT my problem with the repair tool, has serviced with the ability to set the brush so as I can control the size of the brush..... and especially, to be able to remove the burly colors, that just don,t want to be removed.....in the past, these methods were easily accomplished....

2018-04-07 13:34:12

I have the same issue. Has anyone find a workaround?

2018-04-09 14:50:05

Currently, there aren't really any workarounds — with the 3.7 update, we wanted to bring some improvements that have long been planned for the Repair Tool in Pixelmator. One of those improvements is catching and repairing any small details that weren't painted over but should be removed. One issue with this is repairing very small areas or thin lines becomes a little trickier. We'll be bringing the old version of the Repair Tool back in the next Pixelmator update (or improving it to make these workflows possible again). If you really really need the old version of the Repair Tool, we could send you Pixelmator 3.6 (email us at support@pixelmator.com), but keep in mind that it's not optimized for/compatible with macOS High Sierra.