Suggestion

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2019-05-03 20:29:54

Hi,

Once I import a raw file, I'd suggest to add a button allowing the user to close the edited raw file WITHOUT saving it to the pixelmator library.

I oftentimes import raw files just to see how the actual raw file looks like, I play around with adjustments and then quickly decide that I don't want to keep it.

But after playing around with my imported images it quickly adds up and fills my pixelmator libary and my iPad storage and I find it time consuming to delete them again since no batch processing is available and I can't select several images at once and delete them.

Regards,

2019-05-04 11:01:54

+1 I think this would be a useful feature. I too would often prefer not to save the pixelmator .photos file.

2019-05-05 01:37:10

Same, another upvote.

2019-05-06 08:07:57

I also agree. :smiley: This would actually mirror the file opening/saving functionality of macOS and that seems sensible. Though I think that for Files-based apps, there isn't an option to work this way by default so we'd basically need to do some light hacking. And that can always introduce issues. In any case, we'll keep this in mind!

2019-05-06 11:59:00

So, in the meantime, is the solution to just go in manually and clean out the files we don’t want…?

Thanks,
Scott

2019-05-07 15:46:01

Right now, you'd have to delete files manually. Though if they're all in the same folder, you can delete multiple files at once pretty easily. You can tap the Select button in the top right of the Browse view and either tap photos one by one or swipe across several rows of files to select them. Once you've selected them, tap the Delete button in the bottom right.

Hope that helps!

2019-05-07 16:20:33

by Andrius 2019-05-07 15:47:02 Right now, you'd have to delete files manually…Hope that helps!
Yes, yes. Thanks.

2019-08-23 15:44:49

Once this feature , noise reduction and perhaps clarity tool (masking would be incredible too) are implemented I don't have to use affinity photo as my main editing app on the iPad

Keep up the great work

PS @Andrius :
The testflight beta ended - will you have another beta to test new features?