Enhancing Contrast, Sharpness and Brightness of an Image in Pixelmator Photo ?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-04-04 10:49:41

If I want to enhance the Contrast, Sharpness and Brightness in an image in Pixelmator Photo what is the best way to do it ? Using the ML Enhance ? or ML Super Resolution ?

Which of these two will give a better result ? I generally like the Image on the Cooler Side than on the Warmer Side ? When I say not the Bluish Tint ? Not also the warmer tone a kind of balance a Balance.

So which one is more useful in such a scenario ?

2021-04-07 09:08:34

Hey there! If you're looking to automatically adjust the colors, lighting, or contrast of an image, ML Enhance is the tool you'd want to go for. ML Super Resolution, on the other hand, serves a different purpose — it doesn't affect the colors but increases the image resolution instead.
When it comes to the color tint variations, they are, for the most part, rather subjective. If you feel you could do with more bluish tones after the image has been automatically enhanced, you can additionally tweak the White Balance or Color Balance settings. Also, ML Enhance doesn't automatically adjust the sharpness of an image, so you'd have to adjust it manually using the Sharpness adjustment.
Hope that helps!

2021-04-08 15:43:08

by Aurelija Hey there! If you're looking to automatically adjust the colors, lighting, or contrast of an image, ML Enhance is the tool you'd want to go for. ML Super Resolution, on the other hand, serves a different purpose — it doesn't affect the colors but increases the image resolution instead.
When it comes to the color tint variations, they are, for the most part, rather subjective. If you feel you could do with more bluish tones after the image has been automatically enhanced, you can additionally tweak the White Balance or Color Balance settings. Also, ML Enhance doesn't automatically adjust the sharpness of an image, so you'd have to adjust it manually using the Sharpness adjustment.
Hope that helps!
So for Tweaking the White Balance which functionality in the Pixelmator Photo would you suggest ? Also to increase the sharpness which one should I be tweaking ? In the APP ?

2021-04-09 13:22:48

by augustya
So for Tweaking the White Balance which functionality in the Pixelmator Photo would you suggest ? Also to increase the sharpness which one should I be tweaking ? In the APP ?
Go to the Color Adjustments tab and White Balance will be the place to start to adjust temperature and tint. Down further in the adjustments you will see Color Balance where you can isolate highlights, midtone or shadow adjustments. That’s it, go ahead and start working with it. Reset and start over if need be.

You will see a Sharpen feature down lower. Toggle that on and adjust away.

2021-04-12 16:30:20

by Ryder 2021-04-09 07:52:48
Go to the Color Adjustments tab and White Balance will be the place to start to adjust temperature and tint. Down further in the adjustments you will see Color Balance where you can isolate highlights, midtone or shadow adjustments. That’s it, go ahead and start working with it. Reset and start over if need be.

You will see a Sharpen feature down lower. Toggle that on and adjust away.
Hey ! Thanks for the Pointers.

What I wanted to also know was what would be the perfect Setting on the wheel or the scroll Bar which would be a prefect balance of Cooler Temperature Images with Sharpness ?

One question though with Sharpness also I have is, the Photo would have to be in the first place have to be in Sharp detailing right ? If the Native Photograph does not have the Sharpness ? Artificial Sharpening or Manually Tweaking the Sharpness does not work right ? Am I correct ?

2021-04-13 13:05:08

by augustya
Hey ! Thanks for the Pointers.

What I wanted to also know was what would be the perfect Setting on the wheel or the scroll Bar which would be a prefect balance of Cooler Temperature Images with Sharpness ?

One question though with Sharpness also I have is, the Photo would have to be in the first place have to be in Sharp detailing right ? If the Native Photograph does not have the Sharpness ? Artificial Sharpening or Manually Tweaking the Sharpness does not work right ? Am I correct ?
I’ve never found one single setting that is best for every image. I will at least enable the excellent Machine Learning (auto processing) and see if that helps. You can still tweak any setting further. At times that will bring down the temperature to a bit cooler. Then just slowly adjust the White Balance temperature. You will eventually find something suitable for your taste.

And yes, your image has to be in proper focus to look okay and sharpen up correctly. Get that in camera.