iCloud Drive - two separate folders

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-04-14 17:02:47

Hi guys,

It’s not a major request but is it possible to only use one pixelmator photo folder in iCloud vs two ? I see that one stores the linked files and the other the .photo files.

Regards

2020-04-15 14:12:04

From the screenshot, I see a Pixelmator folder (which would generally be created by Pixelmator for iOS, the original Pixelmator for Mac, or Pixelmator Pro) and a Pixelmator Photo folder (created by Pixelmator Photo). Although it is weird there's no icon displayed with it... If my hunch is correct, the Pixelmator folder was created by one of our other apps. Does that seem possible/likely?

2020-04-15 14:40:52

by Andrius 2020-04-15 14:13:12 From the screenshot, I see a Pixelmator folder (which would generally be created by Pixelmator for iOS, the original Pixelmator for Mac, or Pixelmator Pro) and a Pixelmator Photo folder (created by Pixelmator Photo). Although it is weird there's no icon displayed with it... If my hunch is correct, the Pixelmator folder was created by one of our other apps. Does that seem possible/likely?
I don’t use the other pixelmator apps.

Both folders contain the files I used to edit on my iPad.

2020-04-15 15:02:03

Interesting... just to confirm, you didn't create that Pixelmator folder yourself? Or did you? The linked files can only reside in the Pixelmator Photo folder but the exported Pixelmator Photo files can go in any folder you put them (except other app folders).

2020-04-15 15:23:47

by Andrius 2020-04-15 15:03:25 Interesting... just to confirm, you didn't create that Pixelmator folder yourself? Or did you? The linked files can only reside in the Pixelmator Photo folder but the exported Pixelmator Photo files can go in any folder you put them (except other app folders).
No I didn’t create the folder myself. I deleted the pixelmator folder and backed up the .photo files in there. I’ll report if I notice anything weird going on in the future.

Stay healthy Andrius!

2024-03-19 00:27:50

I have this same issue too. Same exact responses as @Stev Nicholas, meaning I didn't create the folder myself or use the iOS app or anything like that. Mine got created when I installed Pixelmator Pro on Mac. I even deleted the folder in iCloud, did a complete system format/restore and then a fresh install of Pixelmator Pro, and the folder got created again. Again it named it Pixelmator without the Pro at the end.

Unfortunately, this creates issues because the app tries to look for Pixelmator Pro, but it doesn't exist because it's named Pixelmator. What's interesting is, inside the Pixelmator Pro app, it shows the full Pixelmator Pro folder on the left side, but when I click on it, the app shows the plain old Pixelmator folder. Also, as with Stev, the Pixelmator folder has no icon inside iCloud.

I reached out to support and got a friendly response, and the offered to reach out to Apple on my behalf. I chose to talk to apple myself, but they couldn't help, said everything was fine with iCloud Drive at my end and theirs. I'm simply posting here to see if others have any issues like this and in hopes there is a future fix. Unfortunately, it makes using the app difficult, so I had to switch to a different one, which I was sad to do.