Possible to open Pixelmator Photo files in Pixelmator Pro?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-04-06 00:31:05

Hi all! I'm new to the Pixelmator family and after trying Pixelmator photo for iPad and Pixelmator Pro for Mac I have decided that I want to invest in them! I was just curious if it is possible to open Pixelmator Photo files in Pixelmator Prop from my iCloud?

Thanks,

Dana White

2020-04-06 13:42:11

Hi Dana, this isn't currently possible but, unsurprisingly, it is on our roadmap, so we do plan to add it in a future update! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can make any promises about a timeframe for the time being. What's more, we'd eventually like to bring Pixelmator Photo to the Mac as well, though that's more of a long-term plan.

2020-04-06 13:46:55

Thank you for the update!! Will keep an eye out for future updates!
Very excited to hear about pixelmator photo coming to Mac in the future as well!!

2020-04-08 10:01:17

by Dana White 2020-04-06 13:46:55 Thank you for the update!! Will keep an eye out for future updates!
Very excited to hear about pixelmator photo coming to Mac in the future as well!!
No problem, I'm excited that you're excited! :smiley:

2021-03-28 21:35:33

Hi @Andrius, did you implement file format compatibility in the meantime? I’m a Pixelmator Pro user and would appreciate having this cross compatibility between the apps. Btw. I wouldn’t like to see Pixelmator Photo coming to the Mac if this would lead to Pro being discontinued. It’s such a great app.

2021-03-31 15:15:19

by Totoff 2021-03-28 18:35:33 Hi @Andrius, did you implement file format compatibility in the meantime?
It is taking us a bit longer but we'll get there, eventually. :fingers_crossed: No timeframe to share just yet, though.
I wouldn’t like to see Pixelmator Photo coming to the Mac if this would lead to Pro being discontinued.
That is very, VERY unlikely. Pixelmator Photo and Pixelmator Pro aren't really contenders — they both offer unique workflows and are more likely to complement each other when Pixelmator Photo comes to Mac.

2021-06-24 10:11:57

by Andrius 2020-04-06 16:42:11 What's more, we'd eventually like to bring Pixelmator Photo to the Mac as well, though that's more of a long-term plan.
I'd pre-order that today! I hope long term isn't too long though. <3