Opening Pixelmator Photo in Photos on iPad

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-03-24 01:41:13

Is there a way to open a picture through Apple Photos on the iPad, edit in Pixelmator Photo, then save back to Apple Photos on iPad. If not is this an option that will be available in the future. Similar to the extension for Pixelmator Pro on the Mac.

Thanks...

2020-03-24 10:31:39

Here (iPad Pro 11) I open without any problem a photo in Pixelmator photo. Also save in Apple photo is no problem.
In Apple photo I use the little box with arrow, in that menu I see the Pixelmator photo icon.

2020-03-24 12:04:23

by Jean VR 2020-03-24 10:31:39 Here (iPad Pro 11) I open without any problem a photo in Pixelmator photo. Also save in Apple photo is no problem.
In Apple photo I use the little box with arrow, in that menu I see the Pixelmator photo icon.
What I’m trying to do is open the picture in Apple Photo, click edit, choose to edit in Pixelmator Photo via the 3 dot icon, then when done automatically save back to Apple Photos. I don’t see that option. What I don’t like is having 2 different locations. In Pixelmator Pro on the Mac this app acts as an extension of Apple Photos. This is what I’m looking for in Pixelmator Photo https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/re ... extension/

2020-03-24 14:36:22

We'd love to have Pixelmator Photo as a Photos editing extension on iPad! However, there simply isn't enough memory given to extensions to make it possible to create a full-featured extension with all the tools from the app, at least not at this time...