Trying to follow this tutorial...

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-02-29 18:00:09

Hi Guys,

I was trying to follow this tutorial : https://www.pixelmator.com/mac/tutorial ... ng-photos/

But.. I get stuck basically at the first stage! .. What version of Pixelmator Pro was this written for ? ..as I don't seem to find many of the options like Quick Mask Mode, Burn tool etc

thanks!

2020-02-29 21:25:03

Are you using pixelmator photo, pixelmator pro, pixelmator classic or just pixelmator? :D

2020-03-01 15:49:36

Pixelmator Pro :blush:

2020-03-02 13:27:14

That tutorial is for the original Pixelmator, in Pixelmator Pro, the steps would be a little different as there is no quick mask mode (but there is a way to make selections using gradients) and some of the tools are different. The Dodge tool is called the Lighten tool (because it lightens image areas) and the Burn tool is called the Darken tool (because it darkens image areas).

To make a selection using a gradient, it's best to use regular layer masks. To do that, duplicate the original layer, apply a layer mask to it, then choose the Gradient tool and use the linear black to white gradient on the layer mask to nondestructively hide part of it. You can then use the Color Monochrome adjustment on that layer to add a color tint like in the steps of that particular tutorial.

2021-08-31 17:10:56

Hi Andrius, do you know when the Quick Mask Mode will be back in Pixelmator Pro. I have it in the Pixelmator app bit there I have no pressure sensitivity on my Wacom pen. Or is there an other way to show the amount of mask you applied in area. I use it to create a hotspot for printing white on a UV inkt printer.

2021-09-07 14:16:29

by info@atmosfeertje.nl 2021-08-31 14:10:56 Hi Andrius, do you know when the Quick Mask Mode will be back in Pixelmator Pro. I have it in the Pixelmator app bit there I have no pressure sensitivity on my Wacom pen. Or is there an other way to show the amount of mask you applied in area. I use it to create a hotspot for printing white on a UV inkt printer.
I'm not Andrius but I hope you don't mind me responding. :) We don't have immediate plans for Quick Mask in Pixelmator Pro but when it comes to pressure sensitivity — it should definitely be working in Pixelmator Classic unless there are some hardware or painting engine-related issues we don't know about. Normally, you can control the minimum brush size based on the painting pressure or speed can be controlled in this menu here:
If you haven't already, could you check to see if changing these settings helps at all?