Some feature requests

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-02-29 04:00:20

I have a few requests that could make using this app less frustrating. I face the frustration about 40-50% of the time when using the app. Don’t get me wrong, I really like it, but sometimes it just limits what I have used to do with other apps.

1. So I use raw photos and sometimes I would like to open an edited photo and revert it back just to look what it was before. There is no way to do this without losing your edits. The edits are GONE when you hit that revert button and allow it to do it’s thing. How about just make something like a history list-function or something where you could see the original photo and not lost the edits while doing it? This is a huge frustration.

2. What’s with these duplicates when you open, edit and save a raw-file? It would be much smarter to just make a virtual copy like in lightroom rather than duplicate the whole thing. Now when I edit a folder full of files, lets say 50 raw files that are something like 50 megs per file, after done editing I have 100 files and my ipad is soon full of duplicates. Not sure if this happens only if you open files from the ’files’ app, not from ’photos’. Also when I edit photos I would like to found all edited photos from same place, but now this only happens if you edit ’photos’-photos, when you edit ’files’-photos you need to find them yourself. Seems like partially Apples fault, who invented the photos app and decided to keep it separated from the files app: dumbest thing ever.

3. I would like to see a ’make a virtual copy/duplicate’-button next to delete and revert-buttons.

4. Every time I open a new photo to edit I have to scroll to see the custom presets. I don’t like that. It would be much better to leave the presets at the position as it was last used, or maybe make possible to drag custom presets to first or something (then the ’make a new preset’-button (+) should also be moved of course).

That’s all for now. I’ll be back if I found something that frustrates me :smile:

2020-03-02 13:37:57

Thanks for taking the time to share such extensive feedback! I've passed it on to the rest of the team and we'll keep it in mind — word of warning, though, certain things (file sizes/duplicates) are due to technical limitations that we can't really get around. However, we know they're important and we hope to find ways to address them if at all possible.