Autosave

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-12-09 23:21:31

please for the love of everything add an autosave feature. i can’t count the amount of times i’ve lost hours of work when i leave the app for a while and iOS clears it from memory. This is the only feature i would consider essential before this app becomes a true replacement for Lightroom for Desktop.

2019-12-10 08:51:05

Hi there, generally speaking, work shouldn't ever be lost like this but it's possible this can happen when you open an image from your Photos library that has not been edited in Pixelmator Photo before, in which case no linked file is created and when iOS clears the app from memory, so there is nowhere that changes can be saved. We'll do our best to address this in some way but, in the meantime, one workaround would be to open an image, make a small change, tap Done to modify the image in Photos and create a linked file, then reopen the image and continue editing. This way, changes should be autosaved correctly.

If the circumstances in which this issue occurs are different, I'd love to hear more about your workflow, i.e. where you're editing the photos (in your Photos library or in Files), whether they've been opened before, and what format they're in.