converting RAW to jpeg

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-12-01 18:29:26

I have been taking my photos in RAW for a while but a lot of the time I don't really do much with them and they just sit there in RAW taking up space when they could just be jpegs. Whats the best workflow for me to go through and convert all these to a smaller file type but while still keeping them in the same place as the original in my photos app. I have tried exporting them and saving to photos but they just appear at the end of my photos as if they are the most recently taken picture. However, when I look at the exif data for this new photo in the pixelmatr app it shows the date it was originally taken so I'm not sure why it doesn't show the correct date in the photos app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2019-12-05 14:12:12

by Frostywood 2019-12-01 18:29:26 I have been taking my photos in RAW for a while but a lot of the time I don't really do much with them and they just sit there in RAW taking up space when they could just be jpegs. Whats the best workflow for me to go through and convert all these to a smaller file type but while still keeping them in the same place as the original in my photos app. I have tried exporting them and saving to photos but they just appear at the end of my photos as if they are the most recently taken picture. However, when I look at the exif data for this new photo in the pixelmatr app it shows the date it was originally taken so I'm not sure why it doesn't show the correct date in the photos app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
In theory, the should be in the same place, though they won't be if you're browsing your photos in the Recents album (found in the Albums tab) so you'll need to make sure you're in the Photos tab. Could you double-check where you're browsing your photos?

2019-12-07 13:09:09

this was In the photos tab but they also show up as the most recent pictures if I go to Albums and then recents.

2019-12-09 16:48:41

In that case, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? Thanks in advance!