Pixelmator Photo Brushes & Masks

Discuss Pixelmator Photo and photo editing on iPad.

2019-06-05 12:05:00

Pixelmator Photo is such a nice edeting App. But it is possible that there is a mask tool with a brush to lighten up eyes or something like that. Just a example. I thing to have a brush as a mask tool and maybe also vignettes would make the app perfect and completely replaceable with lightroom on desktop or mobile devices.

Kind regards
A fan of Pixelmator

2019-06-05 23:47:29

I will 2nd this as a feature request. Masking is the one thing I regularly use. Other than that, I just discovered Pixelmator Photo and it hits the sweet spot of what I need in an editor.

2019-06-06 19:19:04

A Vignette effect is already in development (in fact, we're testing it at the moment) and local adjustments would be awesome to have! Though they'll take a little longer to implement.

2019-06-25 21:28:22

I’m in love with this app.
If you add local adjustments with a brush it’ll become my most often used editing app.
If you add local adjustments with something that resembles the U-point technology I’ll never use anything else ever again on any platform.

2019-06-28 08:47:39

by tomsquirrel 2019-06-25 21:28:22 I’m in love with this app.
If you add local adjustments with a brush it’ll become my most often used editing app.
If you add local adjustments with something that resembles the U-point technology I’ll never use anything else ever again on any platform.
Noted!

2019-10-16 13:17:27

Local adjustments are the only thing holding me back from making the switch to Pixelmator Photo. Would love to see this implemented!

2019-10-29 09:24:21

Indeed! This feature will seal the deal!!

2019-11-18 10:36:20

Oh my, this would basically be my personal must have feature. I currently use a different editing app most of the time because local adjustments with masks and brushes for editing portraits and so on is the regular photo editing workflow.

Increasing eye sharpness, lighting some skin parts and darken some other parts of the image is the basic of my editing workflow. So I basically need a brush tool (perfect in combination with the Apple Pen), and various Masks like custom Vignette (round mask). Please don't forget that mask shape need an option to switch the applied adjustments from inside to outside of the shape

2019-11-18 12:16:04

We'd love to add this — currently working on a few other things, but this is on our roadmap.

2019-11-27 02:19:17

by Andrius 2019-11-18 11:16:04 We'd love to add this — currently working on a few other things, but this is on our roadmap.
Thats some great news to hear because i am in love with mobile app and if it adds things like local adjustments with masks then its near perfect and then it will be my daily driver.