Desktop version?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-05-05 11:54:30

Any chance this will happen?

2019-05-06 07:59:15

Yep, definitely a strong possibility. :wink:

2019-05-06 11:33:45

Can raw files edited with Pixelmator Photo be edited in Pixelmator Pro and vise versa? I mean non destructive changes?

2019-05-06 11:46:14

The .PHOTO format isn't yet supported in Pixelmator Pro but this is on our roadmap.

2019-05-06 14:56:17

by Andrius 2019-05-06 07:59:15 Yep, definitely a strong possibility. :wink:
Since Aperture is not around anymore, I really looking forward to it! 🤠

2019-05-07 15:46:40

by Jesper Nielsen
Since Aperture is not around anymore, I really looking forward to it! 🤠
:raised_hands:

2019-05-10 05:03:53

I have a dream...

Cancel my Adobe subscription beacaue I find a Workflow that replaces the great workflow I have with Lightroom CC on my iPad and Mac.

- Load Photos into the Cloud
- Edit them on my iPad or Mac and can switch about them without loosing my edits and full change history so that I can roll back anytime to any edit state.

How can this happen?
- SideCar Files for RAW edits?
- Allow sync back to any cloud service that is available via files app on the iPad
- Implement a DAM (maybe later)
- Don't use Apple Photos for that DAM thing (I find it no flexible enough unless it have no selective sync)

You can all do that with Aff... Ph.... now but I think that the strength of Aff... Ph... ist Photo Editing, not non-destructive RAW Editing.

Maybe, Pixelmator will make this dream become true...

2019-05-10 14:04:47

It's OK, you don't have to censor yourself here. :smile:

I empathize with your dream and I'm sure many others do too. A DAM is a pretty massive undertaking, possibly bigger even than Pixelmator Pro itself. And making it work across different platforms would be another huge task. I won't rule this out as a possibility in the future but we tend to prefer native solutions. Having said that, we're currently working on an interesting project for macOS that is related to this. I can't say much more at the moment but we're planning to share some more info about it towards the end of this month.