Tubular shapes

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2020-03-02 22:07:01

Image I am trying to draw graphics of a arch structure made out of bended aluminium tubes.. I can use the rounded rectangular shape, flatten it etc..easy to change the stroke width and the fill.. How can I make this shape to bent the way I want it.. What am I missing.. I tried pen draw etc.. Shapes are the best but like to have like a pen stroke I can fill color on the inside..

2020-03-03 09:58:52

The pen tool is likely to be the best/only option here — by bend, are we talking about bending in three dimensions?

2020-03-03 10:10:21

No, I stick to 2D ...Further does it mean I have to pendraw both sides of the tube and do a fill... I can use the rounded rectangular shape, flatten it and can do the stroke adjustment and the fill.. Great, but I don’t know whether a shape can be curved or bent..I can easily use the pen tool and adjust the size and play with opacity but will not have the tube sides darker..

2020-03-03 17:04:24

Got the answer..Use dark pen stroke and add another lighter but smaller pen stroke and play with the opacity ...I am satisfied....

2020-03-05 09:57:53

Glad to hear it!