How can I achieve similar results with Pixelmator Pro?

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2019-09-10 05:32:09

I tried using the gradient tool but didn't quite get the same result... can some more expired share a few tips?

2019-09-10 07:18:57

Hope this helps at least a little:

2019-09-10 08:32:38

Thanks mate!

2019-09-10 08:49:58

Here's my attempt: Image
In short, I did basically the same thing Stef did except I messed around with some brushes to get the textures. Mostly, I used the Aqua Flow brush, which you can find in the Paintbrushes collection. For the background gradient texture, I painted on an empty layer using a dark grey color, with the brush set to a very low opacity (~10%) and I used quick short strokes. To blend the texture with the layer below, I used the Hard Light blending mode.
Then, I did the text texture separately using pretty much the same method as above, except this time I used some of the darker colors from the background gradient to add some depth. I applied that texture using a clipping mask (so only the text is affected).
Finally, to add yet more depth, I created an empty new layer above all the others, filled it with white and painted using the same Aqua Flow brush with some more of the colors from the original gradient. This time, the Color Burn blending mode seemed to do the best job (probably because of the white background), so I chose that.
Also, my background gradient didn't quite look smooth enough so I applied a Gaussian blur to it.
Oh, and to get the lighting effect on BoJack, I applied a yellow to black radial gradient on an empty layer, used a clipping mask to apply it only to the layer below, and blended it using the Hard Light blending mode again.
You can download the PXD file if you want to check all this out for yourself.

2019-09-14 07:09:38

Thanks guys! You are both awesome