merging layers without removing layer style

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2019-03-24 11:20:09

in pixelmator (classic) when i merge layers, it would merge them as i see them on screen, with layer styles and fx and specifically opacity set to linear dodge.
but in pixelmator pro every time i try and merge layers it seems to ignore the linear dodge i have set and merges them as normal opacity layers.
what am i missing? the faq says merging flattens styles.

2019-03-25 16:23:55

Hey Dominik, that sounds like a potential bug, could you check the version of Pixelmator Pro you have installed and let me know what it is?

2019-03-25 18:19:36

1.3.2 prism trial

2019-03-26 08:50:08

In that case, would you be able to send us a quick email about this at support@pixelmator.com along with the file you're working on? The behavior here should, generally speaking, be the same as in the original Pixelmator, but we'd love to take a closer look at the file you're working on.

2019-03-26 08:58:27

i have since taken a screenshot and then imported the screenshot back into pixelmator as a work-around, but due to this the version of the file i have does not have history with the specific bug.
however i will try and reproduce the issue and send a file.
thanks