Custom Application Zoom conflicts with Pixelmator "Z" hotkey

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-01-27 15:43:55

If i create shortcut that allows me maximize ("Zoom") any application window as double click on header of application:

System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts [+]
- All Applications
– Menu Title: Zoom
– Ctrl + Alt + Cmd + Space

Than Pixelmator not activate Zoom tool by pressing "Z" and by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Cmd + Space"
add "Zoom" effects to layer. But double-click on header still works – it maximize application.

Can you fix this issue?

2021-01-28 15:55:14

There are, in fact, three "Zoom" options in Pixelmator Pro menus, so in this case, typing "Zoom All" in the menu title line should help.

2021-02-04 08:57:07

Hi Aurelia,... seems i need to explain.
IF i made shortcut in MacOS for "Zoom" operation, than Pixelmator stops trigger "Z" shortkey for "zoom" magnifier. Can you please fix this.

2021-02-04 09:39:23

I understand the issue, but we'd need to change the tool names or the action names in Pixelmator Pro for this to work. This can make things a little confusing. The macOS Window > Zoom command, on the other hand, has a secondary "Zoom All" option that maximizes all open application windows. If you're usually working in tabs, "Zoom" or "Zoom All" should both work exactly the same. That's pretty much why I suggested "Zoom All" as a workaround. Seems to do the trick for me. Does it yield any undesirable results on your end?