Bug with Reveal Canvas command?

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-12-16 12:15:46

Not sure if this ist a bug, but in German localized version of PXM Pro the https://help.pixelmator.com/pixelmator-pro/2.0/#1022"Reveal Canvas" command can't be reverted. E. g., once the canvas is revealed, it stays like this and can't be hidden again.

2020-12-18 15:47:49

Hey Totoff! Are you using the keyboard shortcuts or the Edit menu to undo/redo? In case you have German set as the input language on your Mac, could you try switching to English instead and see if that helps?

2020-12-21 20:22:26

Hi,

thanks for getting back to me. I went with the edit menu (no idea which shortcut reveals the canvas) and it doesn't matter if I switch to Englisch or German. The menu command in both cases is "reveal canvas" (see screenshot) and if the canvas is already revealed it stays like that (the screenshot show the app state "canvas revealed" – see the menu entries still offering "reveal canvas").

2020-12-21 20:27:30

Ok, forget everything I posted. Just misunderstood the whole concept. "Trim canvas" did the job. I thought "reveal canvas" unveils what is hidden (the canvas). Never thought that "unveiled" parts of an image must be "trimmed" (e. g. cut off) in order to return to "hidden" state. Maybe I just misunderstood the whole concept of a canvas in Pixelmator …