Cropping and image. ....Am I missing something?

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-04-16 15:32:07

I'm new - jumped from Photoshop. Why is it that cropping seems so complicated? Why can't you just hit the crop tool and boom, the image is cropped. No extra leftover image hidden under a layer. Nothing. It's done. Cropped.

Am I missing something? I'm about to go back to photoshop as it seems crazy that 'cropping' is more than line it up and hit crop?

Adam

2020-04-16 15:46:29

Adam, I have to admit that I don't know how photoshop does it, but cropping is just as you said, "line it up and hit crop". but it is a bit different:
Hit the crop icon (upper right) , adjust the four sides as needed (line it up), and press the apply button - lower right - Done.
Oddly, but fortunately, Pix Pro allows you to expand the crop as you need, allowing room for additional information or editing. Pretty Cool.

2020-04-17 12:43:57

Not true buddy, I did as you suggested, then went to move the image and it moves under a layer. It is as if cropped a black box into a layer over what I want to crop. If I use the move tool, the image I want cropped moves within the space/hole. I can see small white tabs under the black hole I've cropped indicating the edges of the original image.
It makes no sense. I am not trying to cut a hole in a black layer on top of the image, I'm trying to crop the actual image.

If I have decided to crop my image, I mean to crop it. this is infuriating. Talk about 'the mother state'.

Crazy?

2020-04-17 12:50:24

Hey there, there are two modes for cropping — Hide and Delete. It sounds to me like you might be using the Hide mode and you'd rather be deleting. Could you try cropping an image with the Delete mode selected and let me know whether that works better?

2020-04-17 12:53:27

Works. Thanks so much. It was driving me nuts.
A

2020-04-17 13:10:16

No problem! For what it's worth, PS has the same option (called "Delete Cropped Pixels") though maybe that option is on by default, whereas our default is the nondestructive option.
by mccoytest Oddly, but fortunately, Pix Pro allows you to expand the crop as you need, allowing room for additional information or editing. Pretty Cool.
You can also resize the crop area to do a 'negative' crop, i.e. add pixels to the image in PS too, so that's not that unusual either. :smile: In fact, that's more or less the norm in layer-based editors as opposed to apps more strictly for editing photos where the area is constrained to the area of the photo itself.

2020-04-17 22:34:20

As I said Andrius, "I have to admit that I don't know how photoshop does it" thanks for the info. I have never wanted to do much with Adobe products.

Glad that makes you more happy that you got it working as I work "Adam not happy", but I always wondered, since you have to export from Pixpro .pxd to another format, what would it matter - the result would be properly cropped. I'm not as tactful as Andrius.