1.6 Beta Crashed and isn't reloading base layers

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-03-24 23:14:36

Pixelmator Pro 1.6 beta crashed on my - spinning ball that never resolved. I had to force-quit. Reopened and the base layer along with any layers that used that image are EMPTY. Any way to recover? Image

2020-03-25 12:41:43

To recover the image, have you tried checking previous versions of the file? You can find them in File > Revert To > Browse All Versions.

If you'd like to help us with pinning down the cause of the issue, it would be great if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com with a sysdiagnose report.

To generate the report, you'd need to press the Command-Option-Control-Shift-Period keyboard shortcut. It will probably take a couple of minutes for your Mac to generate a tar.gz file and, once that's done, it would be great if you could upload this file to http://upload.pixelmator.com and send us the link to it via email.

2020-03-25 18:29:57

Hmmm...that's a really cool feature I wasn't aware of! Couldn't pinpoint exactly the right one. Is there a way to "show" Pixelmator which file was used for the blank layer?

2020-03-26 10:00:56

by adamjd Is there a way to "show" Pixelmator which file was used for the blank layer?
When using the Versions feature, you mean? Or some other way? Either way, there isn't, but I also might be misunderstanding what you're looking for, so I can't be sure. :smile:

2020-03-26 16:56:26

I meant not while using the versions feature. It looks like the new beta update from today is supposed to address the blank layers! Grabbing it now. 😃

2020-03-26 17:32:42

Yes, it was a pretty important issue to fix, so we're very grateful you took the time to report it! :pray:

2020-03-26 21:33:11

Of course! Doing my part. 😃