"Undo Clear Selection" clears the whole layer without any way to restore it.

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-12-15 16:40:47

Hi guys! I found some critical and annoying bug.
Watch a short video of reproducing: https://youtu.be/HTLby9d3g98

That looks like this:
- Paste image from clipboard
- Select area
- Delete area
- Undo
- Select another area
- Delete area
- Try Undo again

Expected result: the removed area is restored
Actual result: the whole content of the layer is cleared without any ways to restore it. Any next "Undo" doesn't help, the layer content absolutely lost.

Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3 Avalon
macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
Intel HD Graphics 4000
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)

I understand that most likely this is not enough to reproduce, tell me what else will help you.

Roman

2019-12-16 13:24:40

Reproduced! That's definitely a critical one, we'll get on to fixing it ASAP.

2020-05-24 12:26:16

by Andrius 2019-12-16 13:24:40 Reproduced! That's definitely a critical one, we'll get on to fixing it ASAP.
Any update? ETA? I'm also experiencing this bug. I just upgraded to Pro after years of using Pixelmator. This bug is very discouraging. I almost don't want to open a project until it's fixed.

2020-05-24 21:05:33

I cannot break that on my Magenta PixPro. Rectangular selection, Delete key or ⌘ X, then ⌘ Z works fine, repeat, works fine, ad infinitum. HHhhmmm.

2020-05-24 21:19:29

I cannot break that on my Magenta PixPro. Rectangular selection, Delete key or ⌘ X, then ⌘ Z works fine, repeat, works fine, ad infinitum. HHhhmmm.
Later, oddly I duplicated the layer, turned off visibility of the first layer, went Bach to the new duplicate later, selected and deleted, ⌘ Z to restore turned on the visibility of the original layer (???) Turned off the vis of the original layer, the selections on the duped layer were NOT restored and not restorable. AND a little later ⌘ Z turned off visibility of the duplicated layer - not gone but invisible... Yes, something wrong with ⌘ Z.

2020-05-25 07:24:35

by tmax8908
Any update? ETA? I'm also experiencing this bug. I just upgraded to Pro after years of using Pixelmator. This bug is very discouraging. I almost don't want to open a project until it's fixed.
I believe we did fix the original bug and I'm unable to reproduce it (using the "select, delete, undo, select, delete, undo" steps). If you're able to reproduce the issue using these exact steps, could you let me know the version of macOS you're currently on and your version of Pixelmator Pro? Also, if possible, it would be a great help if you could share a screen recording of the issue. You can upload the recording to http://upload.pixelmator.com, then copy and paste the link that appears in your reply here. If you'd rather not post the recording here, feel free to send it through to me at andriusg@pixelmator.com or our support@pixelmator.com address.
by mccoytest 2020-05-24 21:19:29 Later, oddly I duplicated the layer, turned off visibility of the first layer, went Bach to the new duplicate later, selected and deleted, ⌘ Z to restore turned on the visibility of the original layer (???) Turned off the vis of the original layer, the selections on the duped layer were NOT restored and not restorable. AND a little later ⌘ Z turned off visibility of the duplicated layer - not gone but invisible... Yes, something wrong with ⌘ Z.
I tried to repro this too but, unfortunately (or fortunately), everything looks to be working fine on my end. A screen recording of the issue would be a massive help here too. :pray:

2020-05-25 12:55:32

Here's the simplest reproducible example I could design. This may not be the same bug as OP reported.

http://upload-cdn.pixelmator.com/Screen ... .42-AM.mov

1. new proj
2. make a brush stroke
3. select, copy, paste
4. drag the copy somewhere
5. deselect
6. brush over the copy
7. ??? why did it disappear like that?
8. undo
9. ??? now even more of it disappeared
10. undo. now it's back.

Specs
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
MacOS 10.14.6 Movaje
Pixelmator Pro 1.6.3 Magenta

2020-05-25 14:35:10

Yep, reproduced — this time, it looks like the issue is specifically with moving selected content while a selection is active, undo isn't really the culprit. While there's a selection, all the nondestructive tools in Pixelmator Pro are in kind of a different mode and they can make changes to the selected area which aren't flattened until the selection is cleared. In this case, if you, for example, deselected before moving the layer, everything should work correctly. It also looks like this is a new issue that appeared with one of the most recent versions of Pixelmator Pro — we'll do our best to fix it in time for the next update. Thanks for taking the time to share the video, it was a huge help!