Pixelmator Pro reopens documents that have been closed before

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-10-17 09:55:00

Hi there,

I'm new to Pixelmator Pro and not sure if this is a bug or if I'm too dumb.

Whenever I open Pixelmator Pro it also opens many images I've opened with it before in tabs (not all though). Even if I closed these images/documents before quitting the last time.

What am I doing wrong?

I did install the latest version and since buying Pixelmator Pro a few weeks ago, all I changed in the preferences was unchecking Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images. Could that be related?

Cheers
Daniel

2019-10-17 10:01:24

Okay, I checked Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images again. Now after restarting, all the files did open again just as before. But when closing the tab I was asked Do you want to keep this new document “Untitled”?. I wasn't asked that when the import feature was turned off. I clicked delete for every file and after restarting another time none of the images were opened again. Now I unchecked Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images again and everything seems to be working as expected.

So the issue here is probably that if files that were imported don't get the Do you want to keep this new document “Untitled”? save dialog when switching off the import feature while those imported files are open.

Cheers
Daniel

2019-10-17 11:43:33

Hey Daniel, this is a system setting actually, which you can find in System Preferences > General. There are two, in fact, called 'Ask to keep changes when closing documents' and 'Close windows when quitting an app'. I personally have both turned on and I think that's what you'd want to do too.

2019-10-17 11:51:31

I have Ask to keep changes when closing documents deactivated and Close windows when quitting an app activated. And it says: When selected, open documents and windows will not be restored when you re-open an app. but Pixelmator did restore those windows after re-opening the app.

2019-10-17 12:24:05

Did you select that option after quitting Pixelmator Pro with some open documents? If so, in order to not delete those documents inadvertently, they would be restored (because the option would have come into effect after closing any documents that were open until you enabled it).