Clone tool: My clone tool will not clone a selection. I have a Mac OS operating system and wonder if that is causing

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-05-30 19:58:39

I have a Mac OS operating system and wonder if that is causing the issue.

2018-05-30 22:12:27

Whoa there, @desperation. That's a long subject line. And we're all macOS users here as Pixelmator Pro is a Mac-only product.

With that out of the way, I don't work for Pixelmator but am happy to help if I can.

Let's start with the basics. What version of macOS and Pixelmator Pro are you using?

And, if you try the following:
Create a new image.
Using the paint tool, draw a blob.
Select the clone tool and check that opacity is at 100%.
Using the clone tool, option-click on the blob then click and drag somewhere else on the canvas.

Do you get a clone copy as below? Or something else?

2018-05-31 18:55:48

No, I did not get a clone following the instruction above. My Mac OS High Sierra is Version 10.13..4. And Pixelmator is Version 3.7 Mount Whitney 71005.

Please! Help!

2018-05-31 20:12:28

So you're on Pixelmator not Pixelmator Pro, but the instructions should be pretty much the same. You're on the latest version of Pixelmator and macOS, which is good.

So, if I do the following on Pixelmator, I get the result below:
Create a new image (I filled it with white but that's not important).
Using the Brush tool, draw a blob.
Select the Clone Stamp, check that the blending mode is Normal and check that opacity is at 100%.
Using the Clone Stamp tool, option-click on the blob then click and drag somewhere else on the canvas.
Can you upload a screen-grab of what you get instead? You may need to compress it as a jpeg to get it to upload here as the image above was too big as a png.

2018-06-01 01:59:15

I cannot leave an impression at all. I can transport a clone to a new spot but not deposit it, so there is nothing to take a picture of..

A short time has lapsed.

I have changed blending percentages and NOW have solved the problem -- to my amazement!

I am VERY VERY grateful for your help and can't thank you enough1