"Open with..."

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-04-19 15:11:26

Any time Pixelmator Pro gets an update it defaults all image file extensions (.psd, .jpg, .png etc) associated to itself. I prefer another app like Photoshop for default image editor. Everytime this happens i have to go find all kinds of image files and change default editing app to Photoshop. Is there a way to stop this behaviour?

2018-04-23 13:01:42

That certainly sounds a little odd — I've got Pixelmator Pro installed and Preview is my default for the files you listed, except for PSDs, which open in Photoshop. In fact, only PXD files open in Pixelmator Pro by default and I haven't ever changed those settings. It sounds like this could be some sort of bug with macOS. If you'd like, you can email us at support@pixelmator.com and we could try and get to the bottom of this with you.

2019-01-13 01:53:43

I also noticed this behavior. No Program should change the default
file behavior by itself. If I have used Pixelmator, all .PNG files will be opened
by this program. I don't want this by default as I don't need to edit
a file everytime. Sometimes, I just want to look at a file and then
Preview is fine.

2019-01-14 09:06:59

Again, this certainly shouldn't be happening by default for no reason (unless you've changed the defaults yourself), so if it is, could you maybe email us at support@pixelmator.com, if you haven't done so already?