No opening dialog when opening Pixemator Pro

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2017-12-20 05:19:05

I've just purchased Pixelmator Pro and when I click on the application from launchpad it sometimes shows an open dialog box with the option to create a new document (which is perfect!), but most other times it doesn't show any dialog at all (although the Pixelmator Pro menu bar shows in the top left corner of the macOS screen).

Are there known problems with the opening screen during application launch?

2017-12-23 18:01:31

I can also confirm this, there seems to be some inconsistency with the dialog box opening. A lot of the times it works great, but sometimes the dialog box is not there at all.

2017-12-23 18:49:59

The same for me

2018-06-13 20:13:27

Same with me.

I've attached a screenshot of the first box that opens when I click on Pixelmator Pro.

It's nowhere near as nice (or useful) as the opening box for Pixelmator which allowed you to create new projects, re-open recent projects and so on (as pictured also)

2018-06-13 20:53:27

That's weird. I get a New Document button on the bottom left of the initial dialog box.

2018-06-14 06:50:55

We're aware of the issue with the Open dialog not appearing intermittently, but we're still looking for a fix. If that ever happens, you can always choose File > Open or File > New.

As for the missing New Document button — that happens if iCloud Drive is turned off. In the original Pixelmator, there was the Welcome screen, which was actually created before iCloud Drive was introduced, so we haven't added anything similar to Pixelmator Pro (but I think we potentially could).