Text tool presets do not work when UI is localized

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.
User avatar

2020-02-26 20:49:25

Hello. I think I've found localization-related bug. My macOS and Pixelmator Pro are in Russian. I created and saved a new text preset (with Apple Chancery font), however when I use this preset on new pictures it produces text with default font instead of Chancery. If I force Pixelmator to run in English (via System Settings -> Language and Region) the bug do not appear and text preset works fine. Please fix this
User avatar

2020-02-27 12:02:55

by Sergei-A Hello. I think I've found localization-related bug. My macOS and Pixelmator Pro are in Russian. I created and saved a new text preset (with Apple Chancery font), however when I use this preset on new pictures it produces text with default font instead of Chancery. If I force Pixelmator to run in English (via System Settings -> Language and Region) the bug do not appear and text preset works fine. Please fix this
I tried to reproduce this and I can see Apple Chancery doesn't support Cyrillic text, so whenever I applied the preset to a default text layer, it appeared the font was not correct, but I was able to apply it to layers that use Latin letters. Just to clarify, are you able to manually set the font to Apple Chancery for those layers and is it only the presets that aren't working?

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
User avatar

2020-02-27 22:26:38

Hi Andrius. Thank you for reply. I can set font and text style manually, just custom text preset does not work. Also it seems that only presets created by user are affected. Presets that come with Pixelmator work fine.
User avatar

2020-02-28 13:48:45

Ok, just to check this one more time, what happens if:

1. You add a text layer, select all the text in it and replace it with Latin characters, then click the preset

And:

2. You add a text layer, click to select the text layer (but not the text inside it), click to select a preset, then select all the text inside it and start typing Latin characters

I can see there's an issue with scenario 2, but scenario 1 should be working correctly. Either way, I'll report this to the devs. Thanks!