Exports have a white line in the image

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-02-21 18:00:24

I am exporting for web at half size at 90%. The final export image has a white line at the bottom likely 1px in size

This appears when viewing it online, in google drive, slack, etc. The original source image does not have this white line. Something like this is a deal breaker for me and Pixelmator :( I hope its an easy fix or something I'm doing wrong.

2020-02-23 21:03:07

Hi David.
Is there any particular set of steps (and a sample image) that will consistently show the problem? If you can share an image and the steps then I'm happy to have a go and see if I can replicate it.
- Stef.
P.S. Cute cat.

2020-02-23 21:17:43

It appears my certain export preset with this image is causing it:

Image: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Export Preset: Image

2020-02-23 21:48:38

I think you've found a bug. First I reproduced it with your image, then one of mine that I resized to have an odd number of vertical pixels.
It looks fairly easily reproducible.

1. Import an image.
2. Resize it (or crop it) so that it is an odd number of pixels high.
3. In the Export for Web... tool, set the file format to JPG, GIF or PNG and the size to 0.5x
The bottom row of pixels will be transparent (PNG) or white (JPG, GIF) and this will be visible immediately, before you even export and will also be present on the exported image.

I'd recommend emailing support@pixelmator.com with a link to this post. That way it'll get straight into their bug-tracker.
Until it's fixed, I'd recommend avoiding 0.5x Web export with source images that are an odd number of pixels high.

Hope this helps (at least a little).
- Stef.

2020-02-24 10:06:07

Hey David, not sure if you've emailed us yet, but I've reproduced this bug and reported it internally, so you don't need to do anything else — we'll do our best to fix it ASAP.

And Stef, thanks for nailing the cause of the issue! :pray: