Sharpening Tool Improvements

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-05-31 16:17:46

The sharpening tool needs to be updated. The amount is still limited to 100% and virtually all the other major photo editors out there offer 3 controls (Amount, Radius, Threshold) vs. the 2 controls in Pixelmator Pro. This means that most serious photo editors will have to do all their sharpening in a competing program. Thanks again for all your efforts to improve Pixelmator Pro.

2020-06-01 11:50:26

Hey Max, thanks for the reminder about this — it's still on our list but it will probably take a little while longer before we can get to it as we're pretty busy with some other (really great) stuff.

2020-06-02 18:13:08

As a work around, could I add another layer and then apply additional sharpening to that layer (sharpening on both the background and new layer)? Thanks!

2020-06-03 14:24:36

As a workaround, you could apply multiple Sharpen effects (rather than adjustments) to the same layer. It will definitely increase the sharpening effect, although I'm not sure if that will get you exactly the look you're going for. Feel free to try it out, though, and let me know how it goes!