Windows side by side

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-02-15 20:46:29

I am trying to work on two similar images, but want to have the colours the same in both, but I cannot have the windows side by side to select the colour from one to use in the other. Is it possible, please?

2020-02-17 13:31:10

Do you mean because they're in different tabs of a single window? If so, you can simply drag one of the tabs out of the window and it will appear in its own window — then you can resize them both to place them side by side. Hope that helps!

2020-02-17 19:32:45

Andrius, thanks, that gives me the two windows side by side, but I still cannot take an eyedropper selection from one to the other: I finished up by writing down the r-g-b code from one, and transferring it to the other: not a computer solution at all! Is there a better way please?

2020-02-17 22:35:32

by Roy Martin 2020-02-17 19:32:45 Andrius, thanks, that gives me the two windows side by side, but I still cannot take an eyedropper selection from one to the other: I finished up by writing down the r-g-b code from one, and transferring it to the other: not a computer solution at all! Is there a better way please?
Copy and paste it

2020-02-17 22:58:33

Try Digital Color Meter in the Utilities folder or by searching with Spotlight (press Cmd + Space). Keep it open while you are working.

2020-02-18 09:01:07

by Roy Martin Andrius, thanks, that gives me the two windows side by side, but I still cannot take an eyedropper selection from one to the other: I finished up by writing down the r-g-b code from one, and transferring it to the other: not a computer solution at all! Is there a better way please?
You could save the color to a swatch in the Colors window. Then, you'd have access to the same color in all your documents. To do that, pick your color, then in the Colors window, drag it from the big swatch on the left to one of the smaller ones on the right. Here's a screenshot of that:

2020-02-18 19:19:37

Thanks Andrius, so simple when you know how!

2020-02-20 14:52:07

by Roy Martin 2020-02-18 19:19:37 Thanks Andrius, so simple when you know how!
Sure is! Glad I could help. :pray:

2020-02-20 21:17:57

Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 does the job! You can even clone from one image to the next! Terrific!

2020-02-21 10:49:39

by Republiken Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 does the job! You can even clone from one image to the next! Terrific!
You know that with Pixelmator you don’t have to pay a monthly fee? And the adobe stuff is slow and clunky. Have joy with it!
There are other ways around it comfortable features which gets used very seldom...

2020-02-21 17:15:51

by Republiken 2020-02-20 21:17:57 Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 does the job! You can even clone from one image to the next! Terrific!
Tell us how you really feel, Republiken... :smile:

2020-02-23 21:05:08

Hi Andrius!

Be professional. Tell me this: In Pixelmator Pro, how do I position two images side by side, in separate windows, giving me the ability to choose the clone source in one image and clone into the other? I need this possibility in my profession.

In Adobe Photoshop CC 2020, this is possible and it is worth the $9.95 per month.

Pixelmator Pro is a good piece of software and I own it and use it. But it cannot do everything I need it to. Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 can. Maybe, in thirty years, Pixelmator Pro also will. I hope so and support you in your job.

I hereby expect an adequate comment.

2020-02-24 08:37:10

by Republiken 2020-02-23 21:05:08 Hi Andrius!
Be professional. Tell me this: In Pixelmator Pro, how do I position two images side by side, in separate windows, giving me the ability to choose the clone source in one image and clone into the other? I need this possibility in my profession.
That exact workflow isn't currently possible in Pixelmator Pro. As a workaround, you can create a document with both images side by side and clone between them with the "Sample all layers" option turned on. Here's what that would look like (excuse the nonsensical choice of images):
I know workarounds aren't fun but if you really need to, you can get a pretty similar workflow in Pixelmator Pro.
In Adobe Photoshop CC 2020, this is possible and it is worth the $9.95 per month.
Pixelmator Pro is a good piece of software and I own it and use it. But it cannot do everything I need it to. Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 can. Maybe, in thirty years, Pixelmator Pro also will. I hope so and support you in your job.
I hereby expect an adequate comment.
As much as we value everyone's feedback and while this particular feature may be worth a certain amount of money to you, there are other users with different needs and there's also our own vision for the app. When making changes or improvements, we try to keep all that in mind and we can't make 100% of people happy, 100% of the time. I'm sure the folks at Adobe are more than familiar with this feeling as well.
Anyway, I know this isn't the answer anyone wants to hear when it's their feature request but I don't think we'll be adding this functionality any time soon. We may do so in the future but I just can't see it happening in the near-term.

2020-02-24 11:42:22

Thank you, Andrius!

I completely understand the situation and you are doing a good work with the way you prioritize and, as I said, I like working in Pixelmator Pro, too and most certainly will, in the future.

2020-02-24 11:52:38

by Republiken 2020-02-24 08:43:36 I completely understand the situation and you are doing a good work with the way you prioritize and, as I said, I like working in Pixelmator Pro, too and most certainly will, in the future.
I'm glad to hear you say that! Again, we really do appreciate the feedback and even if we don't act on it straight away, pretty much everything we read does get through to us and has a shot at making it into the app eventually. :wink: