Compare pictures with each other

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-09-15 08:15:21

Hi,

I would love a button between show original pic and the reset button.

1. This features would compare the original with the modified one. I would be much easier to compare them, especially if I am unsure about how the fewer would feel with looking on both of them.
2. A slide over feature to compare them via a slider.
3. Open a different pic to replace one of the two with an other photo. It would be great if I am in this mode that I can use all of the editing tools.
I should have called it Replace instead of open files.

I made a screen shot how it would look like, kind of... Image

2019-09-15 08:20:29

Yes, more or less the same idea! Waiting for the comment from the Pixelmator team now...

Best greetings!

2019-09-17 10:55:12

This would possibly make sense when using certain tools (Adjustments and Effects) but since Pixelmator Pro is a layer-based image editor and there could be lots of different layers, a global, always-visible button might not be the best idea as, for lots of layers (text/shapes), it wouldn't be relevant. This might be more suited to a version of Pixelmator Photo on the Mac, if we ever create one. :wink:

2019-09-17 21:37:13

Thanks for saying that. What would be the differences between pix pro and Pix photo?

2019-09-18 07:35:43

Well, in Pixelmator Photo, you edit a single photo and there's always a single original photo for every file, I guess the difference is that Pixelmator Photo is like Aperture (but without the library management features) and Pixelmator Pro is more like PS. :wink: