Invert Mouse Zoom Wheel option

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-06-22 14:04:17

Please

2019-06-28 08:06:46

Yeah, the direction makes sense for the trackpad, but maybe not so for a mouse wheel... For now, we could probably offer only a Terminal command.

2019-06-28 13:43:20

This is a serious problem because it is different in every program. It is impossible to get used to, especially if 2 programs are used simultaneously. This is horror…

The terminal command is no solution to this.

Trackpad or wheel, same .. the point is to be able to turn around within the program, especially when the large majority is using the other way around

2019-07-06 07:41:34

+1
It is frustrating for me too. I hope this will be a solution soon.

2019-11-05 10:36:45

Please, just bought Pixelmator Pro, been a user of Pixelmator for years – and that app has normal scrolling. Can't use Pixelmator Pro as it stands right now.

2019-11-23 18:31:06

I too am very frustrated by the way scrolling works in Pro. I have been using the free version for quite some time and it worked exactly the opposite of Pro, ie. the way I expect it to act and the way everything else on the Mac acts.

In order to get scrolling to work the way I expect it to on Pro, I have to reverse the action in Mouse Preferences. Then, scrolling everywhere else on the Mac is reversed.

I have the original mouse for an iMac, which is basically a small moveable trackpad. So, to say this is the reason it is reversed is ridiculous.

Please go back to the way it works in the free Pixelmator!!!!!

2019-11-25 13:56:43

by Mark Conradt 2019-11-23 18:31:06 I too am very frustrated by the way scrolling works in Pro. I have been using the free version for quite some time and it worked exactly the opposite of Pro, ie. the way I expect it to act and the way everything else on the Mac acts.

In order to get scrolling to work the way I expect it to on Pro, I have to reverse the action in Mouse Preferences. Then, scrolling everywhere else on the Mac is reversed.

I have the original mouse for an iMac, which is basically a small moveable trackpad. So, to say this is the reason it is reversed is ridiculous.

Please go back to the way it works in the free Pixelmator!!!!!
Hey Mark, macOS has a Zoom feature in System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom. If you turn on the "Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom", the scrolling direction to zoom in and out should be the same — we took this to be the 'default' direction in macOS. It's unlikely we'll go back to the way it works in the original Pixelmator but we will at least add a way to change it in Pixelmator Pro. Thanks for the reminder about this!