Mask colour defaults, and presets.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-10-10 11:19:05

Hi there,

it would be great if anytime you select a mask to work on it, PP automatically switched to black and white as the two colours for working on the mask, rather than me having to choose them manually - or is there a hidden shortcut for that?

Also if there was a 'Create mask hiding all'.

And on the subject of colours, the Apple colour picker coming up feels pretty clunky, though I suspect that may already be on the to-do list?

Very new to Pixelmator Pro, and love it so far! If any of this is already possible, please correct me!

2018-10-16 09:38:24

Hey Iain, the 'D' keyboard shortcut switches the primary and secondary colors to black and white and the 'X' keyboard shortcut switches between them, so that should be of some use here (at least it is for me).

As for a "create mask hiding all", we tend to prefer keeping out additional options to keep things simple — especially when there's a keyboard shortcut (Command-I) that you can use to invert the mask after adding it. But maybe we can add something here.

Finally, better a better color chooser is most certainly on the to-do list, although it's behind a few other very awesome interface improvements.

2018-10-18 13:49:56

Thanks Andrius - those shortcuts will do nicely - I'd assumed a mask was transparent when you started it, now I know it's white, invert makes perfect sense!

And if you're referring to the new interface in Quicksilver, I absolutely love the subtle changes in dark mode, great work!