Automator

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-02-28 20:13:36

Love to see Pixelmator actions back in Automator.

2018-03-04 10:43:06

+1

2018-03-05 11:38:17

Noted! I can't promise that we'll add Automator support, but this feature is on the feature request list.

2018-09-19 05:12:04

Let me second this, as well.

I've been using the original Pixelmator since day one, and recently bought the Pro version.

I was really (not pleasantly) surprised to find out it lacks any automation solution.

I absolutely love Pixelmator, using it for so many years, but please add automation. It is essential - especially for a Pro level app.

2018-09-19 10:22:49

Thanks for the feedback! By the way, what kind of Pixelmator Pro actions would be most useful for you?

P.S. I think you might enjoy our next major update...

2018-09-25 19:40:14

For me, the actions that would be the most useful are the ability to batch enhance a folder of images and then also batch export a folder of pixelmator files to either jpeg or tiff.

2018-09-27 14:19:40

I would love to see batch export for starters.

I have old actions for Pixelmator in my automator, these cover fit, trim, crop and watermark as well. Sadly they don't seem to work any more.

2018-09-27 18:15:54

Hi Stephen.

As of Pixelmator Pro 1.1.4, I'm don't see any functionality exposed to Automator. Hopefully this will come in time.

(edit: ignore the below. I just read the comment above yours and have realised what you mean by batch export.)
I'm not sure what you mean by 'batch export', though. Depending on what you mean:
* The Add for Export... and Export for Web functionality allows you to export elements of a single file as multiple separate image files all in one go.
* I don't know of a way to automatically apply a repeated process to a group of files using Pixelmator Pro 1.1.4.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2018-10-19 16:34:45

Pixelmator Pro now has five great Automator actions — if there are any others you'd like to see, let us know!

2018-10-19 23:34:15

As an Automator newbie. Can someone show how to use the Automator actions in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-10-19 23:36:56

Here ya go...
https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/re ... mator-pro/
That should get you started. :grinning:

2018-10-19 23:45:48

Thank you, this is great! I've been playing with ML Enhance and I'm really impressed. As someone else has commented, on most programs the auto enhance feature is hardly worth using. The Pixelmator ML enhance does an amazing job on photos.

2018-10-22 10:31:58

Cheers, Max! I think ML Enhance the way we've approached it is perfect for your use case. I've seen it do some incredible things with badly decoded RAW photos, badly white balanced photos, and similar. We actually didn't design it to make creative adjustments for you — the whole idea is to "reset" photos to a neutral, natural look, giving you a clean slate to put your own finishing touches on top. In the future, I think we can also try to approach the creative side of things.

2018-11-03 10:32:11

by Stephen Jones 2018-09-27 12:19:40 I would love to see batch export for starters.

I have old actions for Pixelmator in my automator, these cover fit, trim, crop and <span class="posthilit">watermark</span> as well. Sadly they don't seem to work any more.
H, I got quite the some problems. Actually I can add the watermark on my pics but I cannot find the tool to decide how much to make it transparent. Is it clear? sorry if my english is not so professional.. 😄
Anyone can help me? Thanks
D.

2018-11-05 12:12:56

In Pixelmator Pro, the best way to add a watermark would be to create an Image fill or Pattern fill effect preset, adjusting and customizing it in the app, then using it for batch processing in Automator. Here's a tutorial that covers this:

https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/re ... mator-pro/

2018-11-08 11:51:09

by Andrius 2018-09-19 10:22:49 Thanks for the feedback! By the way, what kind of Pixelmator Pro actions would be most useful for you?

P.S. I think you might enjoy our next major update...
"Crop", "Fit", "Trim" and "Watermark" are Automator actions included in Pixelmator but missing in Pixelmator Pro. So I need to keep the classical Pixelmator on my Mac... Please, add these features from the old to the new Pixelmator Pro! Thanks.

2018-12-11 14:51:23

Trim Automator Action was added in the latest Pixelmator Pro 1.2.4. But Fit (constrain within dimensions) and Crop (with background color) and Watermark with image are still missing to get rid of the old classic Pixelmator...

2018-12-11 14:56:17

Glad you noticed the changes! The new Scale Images action is actually Fit Images, we just went with a more standard naming convention this time around — Crop is on the to-do list, yes. :ok_hand: Watermark isn't in our plans just now, but we haven't ruled it out either.

2018-12-11 19:06:34

A watermark would be cool

2019-06-21 15:17:37

I’d love the ability to create my own actions. For example, one thing I have to do frequently:

• New from clipboard
• Crop to square
• Resize to 500×500 px.
• Save as a 40% quality JPEG to the folder I specify.
• Close the photo without saving.

The built-in actions are awesome, but being able to create our own (à la Photoshop Actions) would be stellar!

2019-06-27 14:19:11

Yeah, this sounds more like a macros-type feature. We've considered it in the past, but other things took priority. An interesting idea for the future though, definitely.